Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Boss Noss'n Muscle
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Just wanted to post some changes I've seen to the module in the 550 map compared to the 549.

Rev limiter increased (I turned mine down).

IAC Stop went from 90 to 65 (I set mine back to 90 because of hard starts).

Fan temp went from 200 to 220. I set mine to 210. Research shows stock is about 219.

Food for thought!
Thanks,
Tom

·
loud & low & solo
634 Posts
Hey guys,
Just wanted to post some changes I've seen to the module in the 550 map compared to the 549.

Rev limiter increased (I turned mine down).

IAC Stop went from 90 to 65 (I set mine back to 90 because of hard starts).

Fan temp went from 200 to 220. I set mine to 210. Research shows stock is about 219.

Food for thought!
Thanks,
Tom
also quite differant AFR targets

vastly different TIMING vs TPS changes in every bank... looks like lots of timing with slightly less fuel

·
Registered
976 Posts
What ever the changes the 550 works great .I had Bumbobee come over and install it for me .We put the fan temp at 201 .

I took it for a ride this afternoon .Very noticeable throttle response at highway speeds .Much better readability around town .

I only took the bike out for a bout 50 miles .I will report back after a longer ride .

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
^ That's good to hear dude, let me know how it runs. So far my bike has been running amazing and I didn't do the IAC auto. It pulls much stronger than with any previous map.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Another 70 miles on this map.I agree 100% with BumBoBee .This map is great .

Much better throttle response at 4-6K rpm .Much better all around .

Only draw back is that the bike is louder if that is possible .

·
loud & low & solo
634 Posts
Another 70 miles on this map.I agree 100% with BumBoBee .This map is great .

Much better throttle response at 4-6K rpm .Much better all around .

Only draw back is that the bike is louder if that is possible .
yep it is! because it is a much richer AFR map overall... and has much different ignition timing also...

this map is straight up badass... very strong and very stout... even better than the D&D map... (which i had no problem with at all... just felt like trying something new)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Bumbobee, what brought you back to TMax? I recall you were ditching it like most of us have? Just curious a I recall you had some serious problems there. Hope all is well now, cheers Marto (Aus)

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Hi Bumbobee, what brought you back to TMax? I recall you were ditching it like most of us have? Just curious a I recall you had some serious problems there. Hope all is well now, cheers Marto (Aus)
I've had a few problems in the past, basically my first season last year wasn't good. Although my problems were resolved a long time ago, now the T-Max performs good.

·
VRSCDX Comuter
392 Posts
I thought my old map was smooth and pulled hard...dang this is something else...:notworth:#550

·
Registered
976 Posts
Is the performance consistent, or does it seem to go in and out of tune? Hows the idle?
I have run this map for about 400 miles so far .Nothing except praise for this map .No idle or out of tune problems.

·
VRSCDX Comuter
392 Posts
Is the performance consistent, or does it seem to go in and out of tune? Hows the idle?
Haven't ridden long enough to have a say about that...but this is a monster map from the very first crank in my book...

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
at first i thought the 550 map was the best yet but i noticed at cruise the bike had a slight stagger which ididnt have before.i checked the auto trims and saw the map was to rich for my application.the map james made for me was leaner [modified 548 map]i also thought i detected pinging at times sooo i reloaded my old map and i reacon its damn near perfect again.my fuel economy also got worse[if thats possible]with the 550 map.the 550 map is great if all you do is drag race all day but otherwise ...

·
Registered
264 Posts
at first i thought the 550 map was the best yet but i noticed at cruise the bike had a slight stagger which ididnt have before.i checked the auto trims and saw the map was to rich for my application.the map james made for me was leaner [modified 548 map]i also thought i detected pinging at times sooo i reloaded my old map and i reacon its damn near perfect again.my fuel economy also got worse[if thats possible]with the 550 map.the 550 map is great if all you do is drag race all day but otherwise ...
Your experience seems nearly the opposite of mine. James emailed me a '1250 base map' when I bouth the unit earlier this year. It ran fine, accelerated like a mad dog, but it seemed a little unhappy cruising, and the mileage sucked.

BUT, I've found the 550 map to be absolutely awesome. Ever since I loaded it, it's like a new bike (again). It works great in all conditions from aggressive/spirited riding as well as simply cruising around town or on the highway. Mine's never been so crisp when throttling to pass cars even when leaving it in 5th. My mileage has gotten better to boot.

When cruising with the original map, it seemed to miss or have sudden mild power drops. The exhaust sounded a little funny. But it worked better than the original ECM, and allowed me to make changes whenever I wanted and it always seemed to adapt. Now, it's like a slice of heaven. :dance:

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
i run a slightly modified 550 map, and I must say its the best map I have had so far. I too didnt run the auto IAC. I have a k and N filter and toxic turbine pipes on my bike. I love how snappy this tune is, I am just having a bit of fun and fiddling with it a bit.

Jason

1 - 15 of 15 Posts