Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Pineland Underground
14,737 Posts
After looking at the item, I'm thinking one of three things here:

1) HD actually made a seperate anniversary edition VROD and designated it the Titanium edition that perhaps no one on this forum ever heard about before (suppose that's possible in an alternate universe somewhere). :D

2) This guy actually is confused about annodized aluminum and mistook it for titanium because they look so much alike :rolleyes:

or

3) This guy is just an idiot and thought he could sell it by labeling it as titanium hoping no one would actually check it out. :slap:

Any other ideas out there?

·
Chief
1,272 Posts
Titanium?????

Damn, I just sold my titanium tins for a very reasonable price, I thought they were aluminum???? :stilpoke: I wish someone would have told me sooner.:banghead:

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
The “Titanium Edition” 2003 VRSCA was limited to 67 units build specially for HD employees. These editions contained special prototype equipment not seen on any other Vrod. This included the now standard ASB system as well as an on board GPS navigation system. Other customizations included a bathroom with hot and cold running water, a refrigerator and satellite tv.

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
Don't forget the seat warmers with that edition + rider and passenger cup holders. Onstar was an option incase you dropped your keys between the frame and exhaust.

·
V-RodPat
216 Posts
Looks like an ordinary anodized machine for that year.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
"After inspecting every inch of this bike, the only item worthy of mentioning is a bit of grime on the front wheel and fenders etc. It’s very difficult to even explain as it’s so small, most people would probably never even notice. This is very common on V-Rod’s, as we have experienced this with a number of our past inventory units. "

grime on the fenders....is that a fact...:laugh:

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
DLL66 said:
Yeah...I called him out on it.
Here is my statement to him on eBay:

FYI.............2003 Anniversary Edition isn't rare. "Titanium finsh" is very misleading, it has an "Annodized" finish.

Here is his response! :laugh: :rolleyes:

Oh, OK, I'll be sure to change the ad, and the other 45 Titanium Finish 03 V-Rod's we sold last year. Never once in 4 years has a single person commented on that. Pretty sure most people recognozie the descriptive terminology. But Thanks............

1 - 20 of 56 Posts