Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Color me Gone
27,325 Posts
The Metzler is a 200x50 not 55 as the original is. But the roll out is almost identical as the factory 180 so no speedo error is encountered.

Max

· Color me Gone
27,325 Posts
vrsca2003 I already have a couple of thousand more miles on my metz then I got from my stock dunlop but I'm hard on tires. There is a very slight difference in how the bike handles, does take a little more lean to get it to roll in the corners is my own opinion. Looks are probably the biggest reason to make the change since you could get a metz in the 180x55 that would get the better mileage as well.

Max

· Color me Gone
27,325 Posts
Daniii is that the Garland dealer or the Allen dealer. The reason I ask is the allen store wanted to check my valves at 8k, I told them they were nuts. It would be funny if a prepaid contract from them does not get the same service that they try to sell non prepaid people. Since both stores have the same service manager and are owned by the same person.

· Color me Gone
27,325 Posts
Daniii it was just over a month ago and I told them about the 04 specs and they said that did not apply to my 02. I have not been back since and am thinking about canceling my extended warranty right now.

· Color me Gone
27,325 Posts
Frank I am going to find out today. The number to them is
1-800-527-7665 and Mark mentioned last week that you can get upto 90% of any unclaimed amounts returned. The real kicker to me was when I went to get a RT and they told me that it would void my warranty. I then ask them if all I changed was for the topless flash and 28 tooth and they said yes it voided my warranty if I used an RT at all. I plan to order one online and cancel my warranty and then I'll fix my leaking valve cover myself and be done with it.

Max

· Color me Gone
27,325 Posts
Bruzer the 04 with the exact same engine now calls for the valve check at 20k miles and I still have not heard one person say there valves needed to be adjusted.

Max

· Color me Gone
27,325 Posts
Daniii do you have to pay for labor?

· Color me Gone
27,325 Posts
Dan I hate to say it but if only one person of all the people that have had the ten k done needed the valves adjusted then I would guess one of three things happened on that one bike.

They were off when they were new.

They were correct and now they are off from being measured incorrectly.

Simple case of fraud to get more money.

Dan the material that these valves and seats are made of just don't wear at the rate that the schedule calls for, that is why the 04 was updated. IMHO this valve check interval was a throw back from some of the fifties technology that the MOCO still uses on many of it's other bikes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.