Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting the metzler 880 xxl and the marathons for my rod. just wondering if anyone has any suggestions and where to get them for a really good price. also a round about price for how much it costs to have a shop put them on. I know they will all be different but i have never owned a single bike long enough to have the tires changed so this will be a new one for me. thanks for all the info guys.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
LOTS of tire threads on here, good luck finding them.
Metzelers are a 1000% improvement over the stock dunlops, and Pirelli Nightdragons are a good 30 to 50% better than Metz. I hear great things regarding Avons durability and grip, but have never used them on the V.....yet.
Go over to the suspension section and check out the tire threads. BE WARNED, tire threads routinely end in death threats.

·
Chad
263 Posts
rockymountainatv/mc usually has really good prices for Avons and think Metz too.I brought my wheels and tires to a local custom shop and they changed them over for $50.

·
TURBONATOR
1,366 Posts
Just an FYI, some shops dont like to mount tires unless you purchase from them. Might be worth checking into.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Just an FYI, some shops dont like to mount tires unless you purchase from them. Might be worth checking into.
I take my wheels and tires (off the bike) to the Honda dealer to be mounted and balanced. You meet the nicest people on a Honda!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
only shops I've ever had install issues were HD shops. Yammy, Zuki, Honda, and Kawi shops never care and do a great job as do most independent tire shops.

·
Vic Jacoby
1,459 Posts
??

LOTS of tire threads on here, good luck finding them.
Metzelers are a 1000% improvement over the stock dunlops, and Pirelli Nightdragons are a good 30 to 50% better than Metz. I hear great things regarding Avons durability and grip, but have never used them on the V.....yet.
Go over to the suspension section and check out the tire threads. BE WARNED, tire threads routinely end in death threats.
There's a suspension section?

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts

·
Vic Jacoby
1,459 Posts

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
just look at the prices. Even if a "sponsor" did sell these, I would always go with the best price sponsor or not.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
If you take the wheel/tire to CycleGear on St Andrews rd they'll mount them for About $30.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I west to K.O.R.E. and talked to Frank the owner i bought a quad from him a while back and he got me the metzelers and installed for a really good price. I like the new tires a lot more and i get down in the corners a lot more so I am pleased with them

1 - 15 of 15 Posts