Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of mileage can i expect out of the stock Dunlop Sport max tires on my 06? Do you guys have any ideas on a good replacement tire? I was thinking about going to Metzler's when the stockers wear out.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm replacing the stock Dunlops on my '06 with the Metzler 880 Marathons. My rear is pretty much toast at 6,500 miles. The front is fine, but I'll replace it when I go to the Metzlers.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I just replaced my rear Dunlop with about 7000 miles and it could have gone some more but I like plenty of tread on my bike. I replaced with the Dunlop because I have always had good luck with them.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
It's really going to depend on the throttle wrist and if you keep an eye anjd adjust tire pressure...

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
4200 miles on counting on the original tires. When it is time for replacement I am going with the Avon Venom R's. 200mm for me!!

·
The Engineer
316 Posts
The way my rear is wearing I'll be lucky to get 3000 out of it. :D

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I start getting cupping in the front after about 3K miles but ride it another 3K before replacing them. The rear is good for between 8-10K. I am on my 6th set of Dunlops and have considered changing to Metz but like the soft compound.

I had put new tires on today and paid $152 to mount and balance at HD. Best dealer experiance I have had to date.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Still on my original Dunlops after 7K miles. My R is an 06. Looks like I will be needing a rear tire pretty soon. The front still looks okay, but I will replace both at the same time.

I plan on going with the Mets when I do the replacement.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got 11,200 out of the stock rear tire. Still running the original front tire with 13,500 miles. It's starting to cup a little, but I should be able to get another 1,000 out of it. I do a lot of highway riding at steady speeds and not many burnouts.

·
Chris
371 Posts
I am just over 8000 currently, both front and rear are still okay. Will replace with Metz after this season though.

·
F.U.B.A.R
174 Posts
Kritzell said:
What kind of mileage can i expect out of the stock Dunlop Sport max tires on my 06? Do you guys have any ideas on a good replacement tire? I was thinking about going to Metzler's when the stockers wear out.
Don't forget to rotate them also:rofl:

·
Dragon
92 Posts
my stock dunlop would have been good for about 5,000 - i think. switched out to a metz 200 early.:D

·
Registered
523 Posts
The Rev. said:
I got 11,200 out of the stock rear tire. Still running the original front tire with 13,500 miles.
Thanks god, I was starting to think I would have to change tires twice a season. I've got about 4000 iles and they are still good. Although the back tire is starting to flatten out a wee bit.

What kind of mileage can you get out of a Metz 880?

·
24 Posts
As I recall I got some 10.000+ miles out of the stock rear tire with my VRSCA 2005, whereas the front tire got replaced just after 15.000 miles.

Later changed Dunlops' to Metzelers' and found myself being satisfyed with the altered riding experience.

:2cents:

\ beetraham

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Like so many others my front tire is cupped with 7000 miles on it. The rear Elite III Dunlop seems to be a better tire but I am switching to Metz next time around.

·
Rub on a Rod
145 Posts
Ordered new tire.

I got 1810 miles off my first tire, damn nail, and had the dealer replace it with a Dunlop that now has just under 6000 miles on and just noticed the cords coming through. Ordered a Metzler and going to pull the wheel off and take to the dealer to mount and balance. The wife can't understand why it needs it already when the car tires last so long. :stilpoke:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts