Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there were a couple of post about the Ricks tank being close to the tire when fully extended. Today while doing an oil change I took both shocks loose so the suspension could travel it's full sweep, I figured I would snap a picture of mine. Now I have a cfr swing arm but it is stock length exactly and use a standard 72 tooth rear pulley, 30 tooth front and 150 tooth belt. I had mentioned before that my bike looked like a dirt bike before the tank would contact the tire and doesn't come within one inch while the shocks are installed so the only way this could ever happen is both shocks to break off and go over a very high hump in the road to completely unload the suspension.

Dirt bike v-rod

Attachments

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Max said:
I know there were a couple of post about the Ricks tank being close to the tire when fully extended. Today while doing an oil change I took both shocks loose so the suspension could travel it's full sweep, I figured I would snap a picture of mine. Now I have a cfr swing arm but it is stock length exactly and use a standard 72 tooth rear pulley, 30 tooth front and 150 tooth belt. I had mentioned before that my bike looked like a dirt bike before the tank would contact the tire and doesn't come within one inch while the shocks are installed so the only way this could ever happen is both shocks to break off and go over a very high hump in the road to completely unload the suspension. Dirt bike v-rod

Yes, but if both shocks broke off then technically there wouldn't be any suspension left to unload. :D

·
Skunked 2003 VRSCA
92 Posts
Does this mean I could get away with something like ricks tank, hogpro 280 rear, and progressive 440s?

·
Dallas, TX
1,244 Posts
Max, off the topic, but did you switch back to the anodized skins?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jim J said:
Max, off the topic, but did you switch back to the anodized skins?
I have my airbox being repainted because of a snaffoo. So right now I am anodized again.

·
Resident Tugboat Cpt
4,443 Posts
Max said:
I have my airbox being repainted because of a snaffoo. So right now I am anodized again.
Snafu? What gives Max?:stilpoke:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL I didn't join the drop club if thats what your asking. I had a blemish that showed up as the paint cured and while very small the painter insisted on repainting it.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Max said:
LOL I didn't join the drop club if thats what your asking. I had a blemish that showed up as the paint cured and while very small the painter insisted on repainting it.

You sure it wasn't the MOCO getting on your back for using a picture of an eagle? We all know they own the rights to anything with an eagle in it. LOL

·
Resident Tugboat Cpt
4,443 Posts
Oh ok, just checking.

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
But Max! I thought all kindergarden fingerpainters were off today.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Nothing against your paint scheme, but the anodized looks so much better. You can go home again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts