Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the do NOT mix.... ruined a freshly painted ABS plastic body panel by using loctite on the bolts that went through it. I believe the D/DX headlight fairing is made fro the same material, so beware.

I knew Blue Loctite (242), and the red, is incompatible with plastic, but I had never seen a reaction like this before... 1" cracks radiating from the holes and the material crumbling like graham cracker right around the holes.

Not a good morning for me.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
DrHeathenScum said:
the do NOT mix.... ruined a freshly painted ABS plastic body panel by using loctite on the bolts that went through it. I believe the D/DX headlight fairing is made fro the same material, so beware.

I knew Blue Loctite (242), and the red, is incompatible with plastic, but I had never seen a reaction like this before... 1" cracks radiating from the holes and the material crumbling like graham cracker right around the holes.

Not a good morning for me.

Ah another quality HeaveyCycles Product, how much was it to ship to the customer in that condition?:hidesbeh: :stilpoke: :hidesbeh:

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
bwahahaha at David

that sucks, and I never knew the results.. thanks for the heads up

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Thanks Joe.

Now I know why those tupperware bikes have to run so smoothly.... If they needed loctite, they'd disintegrate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts