Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Kids,

Some of you may already know this trick, but it worked like a charm for me so I thought I would share.

Running the wires from a sidemount through the swingarm is a snap if you do this.
Take about 4 yards of twine. Jam the first 2 yards into the hole in the swingarm next to the sidemount.

Then take your air nozzle and blow the string through, feeding the remaining two yards as you go. Just keep feeding it until you see it start to come out of the hole you need.
For illustration I show it through the middle hole, but ran it up to the forward hole next to the gas tank.

You may see just "hairs" from the twine coming out of the hole as you blow the gun... these are your friend. Grab on to whatever you can and just pull it through.

·
Registered
964 Posts
make the pics work lol

I need to do this and want too see what you did all I get now is red x;s

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vesteroid said:
make the pics work lol

I need to do this and want too see what you did all I get now is red x;s
Note sure what happened. Fixed now.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I have found for fishing wires in that weed eater line works very well, probably better then mechanics wire.

·
Charter Pilot
267 Posts
Thanks for the info. This is a very good thread.

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
If you don't have aan air compressor use a vacuum cleaner and "suck" the string through the swingarm. You may need to gerryrig a temporary attachment out of duct tape.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts