Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After two different nights in the Chat room and being hassled because I have not made any posts on the forum yet, I decided it was time to introduce myself.

I have been hanging out on the forum, reading posts for a few weeks now, since meeting up with a group of DFW VRODers at Dukes in Addison.

Unfortunately I don't own a VROD at this point. But my husband, VROD RS, has a beautiful 2007 Night Rod Special. I own a 2007 XL1200L (Sportster). I actually just started riding in April, and the Sportster has been a great bike for me.

But, like a typical female, I have decided I want something new already. Now I really would like to get an 08 VROD with ABS. I know not everyone thinks ABS is a good thing, but I think it would work great for me, since it would keep me from locking my back tire, which I have done a few times already.

Okay, now for everyone in the chat room last night who was kind enough to point out I had 0 posts (I won't mention any names), now I have made one.

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
finally !!! YaY.. glad you are here.. i had a really good time chatting the past couple nights..

i wont hold it against you that cupcake is your friend though LOL

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
:vrodforu: :vrodforu:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
3OliveMartini said:
finally !!! YaY.. glad you are here.. i had a really good time chatting the past couple nights..

i wont hold it against you that cupcake is your friend though LOL

Actually she probably deserves extra brownie points for being my friend.

It was definitely fun chatting. Hope we can do it again soon.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
Jinjer, not all '08 V-rods have abs, it's an option. The other solution to the situation is to practice good breaking habits on all stops (use the front AND the back brake). That way when you get into a panic stop mode you will be more likely to stop without skidding because the front brake will be doing more work to assisst the back brake and stop the bike quicker. Oh, and Welcome to 1130cc.com and the forums contained there in.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
:welcome: Jinjer!!! Looks like Gazoo was wrong about you... :rofl2:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tagrat said:
Jinjer, not all '08 V-rods have abs, it's an option. The other solution to the situation is to practice good breaking habits on all stops (use the front AND the back brake). That way when you get into a panic stop mode you will be more likely to stop without skidding because the front brake will be doing more work to assisst the back brake and stop the bike quicker. Oh, and Welcome to 1130cc.com and the forums contained there in.

Thanks for the suggestions about braking. I have been trying to do a better job of using more front brake. I just don't know how to correct a habit. My tendency in an emergency is to step on the back break first. I know the front is going to stop it much faster, and I have even been practicing pulling it first to see how well it stops the bike.

Anyhow, I know it is an option on the 08s, but I really think I want it. That and the new Slipper clutch. My hand gets too sore in traffic holding the clutch.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Steppenwolf said:
:welcome: Jinjer!!! Looks like Gazoo was wrong about you... :rofl2:

It is nice to be able to prove someone wrong once in awhile. Now I just need to upload an Avatar for my posts. How about one of my Scuba pics? :)

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have considered the 2008 for the VERY SAME REASON. There is no substitue for ABS. Watching the BMW abs system in action, it's made me a believer. I would need to see if the 2008 ABS system is anywhere near as good as the BMW offering, because if so, it would be REALLY TEMPTING.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
JinjerSnap said:
It is nice to be able to prove someone wrong once in awhile. Now I just need to upload an Avatar for my posts. How about one of my Scuba pics? :)
That works!! Which reminds me... I was going to try and hook up with a wreck dive on Lake Ontario this month. It ain't the Great Barrier Reef, but it's nearby...

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Steppenwolf said:
That works!! Which reminds me... I was going to try and hook up with a wreck dive on Lake Ontario this month. It ain't the Great Barrier Reef, but it's nearby...
I decided to use the photo that the dealership took when I bought my XL1200L.

You will have to let me know how the wreck dive goes. We are actually headed to Cozumel on Saturday to dive. We like to do underwater photography, so hopefully we will be able to find some good photo ops this time.

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts
:vrodforu:

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts