Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tie One On
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bit the bullet and am spending the dough on a Traxxion 20mm front suspension kit after the front end started leaking and them feeling like a marshmallow on even the smallest of bumps and grinds in the road.

I also recently purchased a TTS supercharger and PCV with 2 sensors, an Autotune and a POD so decided I might as well take the streetrod down to install that too.

First pic in process of the front suspension and replacing a badly scratched (by previous owner) swingarm.

Of course I will check everything as I go and replace what should be replaced like bearings, etc. etc

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Congrats and good luck with the build. I will be watching this closely. I had settled on the RaceTech straight rate hi performance spring and gold emulator kit but they don't seem to know exactly what I need. This sounds promising. What made you decide on the Traxxion cartridge kit? Does it have the adjustable fork caps?

·
Tie One On
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats and good luck with the build. I will be watching this closely. I had settled on the RaceTech straight rate hi performance spring and gold emulator kit but they don't seem to know exactly what I need. This sounds promising. What made you decide on the Traxxion cartridge kit? Does it have the adjustable fork caps?
I had a ohlins cartridge installed on my Honda RC51 and loved it.
I believe it is the best upgrade especially for the showa forks

·
Tie One On
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ohlins is the reason I have decided on the traxxion cartridge.
Yes they include adjustability with caps that come with kit.
a word to the wise. The R model requires the forks to be torn completely apart for a mod to accept this kit and you should have them do it since they are the pros

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
The ohlins is the reason I have decided on the traxxion cartridge.
Yes they include adjustability with caps that come with kit.
a word to the wise. The R model requires the forks to be torn completely apart for a mod to accept this kit and you should have them do it since they are the pros
That applies to the Muscle and 2012 and up DX as well as the R. I have all the tools to remove and replace the axle block and tested them on a scrap slider I have here. No big deal. What it is is a disc with a threaded post. Gets sandwiched in between the tube and axle block. Cartridge threads onto this post. Not sure if any needs to come off the end of the tube or not. Never got that far in the discussion but suspect so. This is one of the best mods you can do with these forks and having adjustable caps is the icing on the cake. The inverted can be supplied with low profile caps, so they fit in space around the headlight cowl. Makes those 3/4" stock DX inverted damper look like a fkg joke, which it is. Big bucks though $$$$$
Ron

·
Tie One On
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
update on supercharger portion.
I took the left side cover off and found that I didnt order a gasket so that waits.
I then went up top and replaced the injectors with larger and then found I am missing 2 o rings on the intake lower portion so now that waits.

Good news is my front tubes made it to Georgia and will start getting worked on.

Attachments

·
Tie One On
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
latest update.
since traxxion has been very slow to do the internals I have only worked on the SCharger a couple hours.
got the side unit installed and the base intake portion bolted on.
Traxxion finally has shipped the forks now the race to finish is soon to come.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.