Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tickling noise issue... i think this isn’t normal sound.
I have tried 3 differend pipes (2 different stock headpipes with 2 different and akrapovic), changed exhaust gasgets, valve check and cams chanced stage 2 cams, but still this tickling...

In this video, stage 2 cams, akrapovic exhaust, semi topless (drilled holes on airbox, but top airbox cover still on.

Can it still be exhaust leak? When i tried hear where sound comes (with garden house) front butterfly valve sounds little tickling, but not that loud what heard on video

·
Tie One On
1,644 Posts
Tickling noise issue... i think this isn’t normal sound.
I have tried 3 differend pipes (2 different stock headpipes with 2 different and akrapovic), changed exhaust gasgets, valve check and cams chanced stage 2 cams, but still this tickling...

In this video, stage 2 cams, akrapovic exhaust, semi topless (drilled holes on airbox, but top airbox cover still on.

Can it still be exhaust leak? When i tried hear where sound comes (with garden house) front butterfly valve sounds little tickling, but not that loud what heard on video
get a length of tubing hold one end to ear other end move aroung the bike looking for location

·
Premium Member
11,214 Posts
Way out in left field here but I had same problem. Turns out the clasp on the very front of the airbox was loose. it's a small piece about 1.5 inch in length holding top of box to bottom of box. Just remove it completely. It's not needed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not too sure about your problem, but when I inspected my bike w/ the stock heat shields on the header pipes, a couple bolts on them were loose. This made a very small, metallic noise that was fixed by tightening them up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts