Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've heard that some VRods can go a little faster then some of the posted speed limits. In the rare event that some of you have attempted this feat, how fast did the cop say you were going? Hopefully, I'll never have to answer my own thread!

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
They are still looking for me!

·
Pulling your strings
859 Posts
Other than a neighborhood rent-a-cop giving me grief about the Vance and Hines pipes on my old Sporty, I haven't had a run in with the law on a bike.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Last time was a verbal warning for an average speed of 95 in a 70.
Time before that was 52 in a 35,from a city MC cop that picked me out of a cluster of traffic,said he was very concerned for my safety.
I beat the ticket,no charge,no court costs,nadda,zip,zilch.
Someone else had to foot the safety charges that day!

Elrod on the V-Rod:moped:

·
V-RodPat
216 Posts
I was exceeding the limit, but nothing about that, the officer only seemed interest in whether the bike was taxed, which it was not visibly as it was brand new. Possibly the engine needs to be run in, but until the authorities send the full set of papers, I will keep my head, or rather, go slow.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sheriff said he was doing 100mph and I was pulling away. Caught up to me when I slowed down, long story short, we talked about the R and then he told me to slow down, his shift was over and he was going home;)

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
32 in a 25 :banghead:
No ticket, but a written warning. I very rarely go over 30 MPH - too scary! ;)

·
The Hawk
3,906 Posts
102 in a 50 and I was on the brakes slowing down. Cost me $307.00, first ticket in 35 years.

Mike

·
I'd rather be riding
218 Posts
Got pulled over in CA by a mustang trooper when they weren't using radar and I wasn't paying attention to the on-ramps. Was going 135 and slowed to 105 before being paced by him. His first question was "depending on how you answer this question will determine whether or not I take you to jail......"do you know how fast you were going?". I said no, because my speedometer was acting up. $265 fine & 30 day license suspension (this was back in '85).

·
Not Dead Yet
1,172 Posts
V-RodPat said:
I was exceeding the limit, but nothing about that, the officer only seemed interest in whether the bike was taxed, which it was not visibly as it was brand new. Possibly the engine needs to be run in, but until the authorities send the full set of papers, I will keep my head, or rather, go slow.
Should have told him not only was the bike not taxed, - it wasn't straining at all!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Coming back from the Moto GP in Phillip Is in 2005 I was out in the boonies in NW Victoria, long straight open roads, no traffic, clear skies, I gave it a bit of a crank and saw 220km/h on the speedo as I blasted past a cop who was out of his car taking a slash behind a tree ..... I'd bet he almost tore his dick off getting it back in his pants so he could take off after me, but by the time he caught up to me I was just another law abiding citizen putting down the highway at 100 kph ... he still pulled me over for a chat but all he said was "I'd guess from the exhaust note as you went past me you were pulling over a ton (old school 100 mph), but you got lucky - don't push it any more, you're still a long way from home!" I just gave him a grin and said a prayer to the Old Prostate God that forced him to stop in the first place ....

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
I got pulled over for doing 93 in a 45 :banghead: . Luckily He only gave me a ticket for a non dot helmet. Could have been much worse. I think I may have got off easy because I had my wife on the back of the bike. She's much better looking than I am. LOL

·
The Instigator!
2,226 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
I got pulled over for doing 93 in a 45 :banghead: . Luckily He only gave me a ticket for a non dot helmet. Could have been much worse. I think I may have got off easy because I had my wife on the back of the bike. She's much better looking than I am. LOL
..That's for sure! Based on that premise, the cop shoulda given you money back :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
I got pulled over for reckless op after getting it sideways. He was pretty ticked off because it was after dark and I had no helmet, speeding through a school zone, noise of course, and the fact that didn't have a my plate light. Only have my permit too.

I was on my way to work and it was the end of his shift. So i got away with a verbal warning not to be caught again riding without my helmet. So needless to say i wear it.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Pondo said:
32 in a 25 :banghead:
No ticket, but a written warning. I very rarely go over 30 MPH - too scary! ;)
Carl,
You speed demon you....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts