Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend finally got the chance to install the Thundermax and Big Rig Exhaust, happy with everything overall. Exhaust needed some modifications, but went on pretty easy. Thundermax up and running and doing well. The only thing I might do is take the baffles out, I know I might lose some hp, but want to see how she sounds and performs without. I will try to get up some pics soon.

·
Registered
384 Posts
In my experience the V-rods need some back pressure. I ran mine for a little while w/o baffles in my v-lux pipes and it was a turd. It lost all of the tourque feeling you get when you crack the throttle open. I installed some open core baffles (flow 9) and it is a good compromise between sound and performance.

Also, I wish you the best of luck with the thundermax.. Mine has been giving me fits since day one! If you have problems with the idle get in touch with me! I can help you get it sorted out.

Also get some pics up of those pipes on the Muscle!!

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far the thundermax is running great no issues at all. Thanks Wilbur I will look into the flow nine baffles I think your right it needs baffles. The pipes have a slight gurgling sound at idle, otherwise everything is great.

·
Flat Broke
288 Posts
:worthless

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you think?

Attachments

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, no pinging sound. Idles perfect, no decel pop. Gonna keep my finges crossed, no issues as of yet. Very happy with it so far. Did you have any issues with pinging wilbur?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I had no issues at first with anything except this pinging/popping sound at idle that sounded terrible. I put the baffles in and it is still there but not quite as loud. I still have the same problem a few thousand miles later... I was just curious if it was my pipes in particular or the bike itself.

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I orginally ran the bike after I installed pipes and tmax with no baffles, and took for quick ride, then I finished up install with baffles and the heat shields. The guys from tmax set my tmax up before they sent it to me. I ordered directly from them, with what I was going to have on the bike. Dont know if this is a common practice for them to do this or not. But worked out well. Wilbur hope you find a solution to the pinging.

·
Flat Broke
288 Posts
Very nice!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.