Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone out there with mid controls and thunderheaders..i just got the pipes and want to stay with the mids. any help appreciated.:moped:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
i almost got thunderheaders when i first got my D..was told they couldn't be installed without some modifications. i don't think you're going to be able to just bolt it on with the mids.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just got the thunderheaders put on my "D" and man does it sound Great. It's still in the shop waiting for the heat shields. They are on backorder and taking forever. They did have to customize the bracket. As soon as i get it back i'll take pictures for you. I would get it dyno. I went over the dyno chart with the technician and he said it increased by 13 hp and 8 lb torque.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Deosan, your brake pedal doesn't hit the pipe? I thought that was the issue with them.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
JDVrod has it setup on his bike, I think the dealer did a little adjusting to get it to work. You know if the dealer can make it work, this forum can!:thumb:

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
They probably got the solution from here! :rofl:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Finally got the heat shields for my Thunderheaders.
BTW..no problems with the brake clearance (see gallery)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just got my thunderheaders on....no mods fit perfect. when i intially ordered and called t/h..they said will not work.when i ordered they were 6 weeks on b/o..check the web site.it had been updated with will fit any vrod. what a sound. and when there is 2 together it is awesome....
any one have a map with the sert and t/h....

·
Registered
62 Posts
i installed the thunderheader, power commander, and filter kit at 501miles without any mods and have been lovin it ever since. it dynoed at 115hp and 80ft lbs and runs great. i have had small problem with the clamp not holding the front pipe tight and i have to tighten it regularly but other than that, perfect. i have had more comments on this bike sounding good than anything i have ever owned. i am very happy with the mid controls and can report a chicken strip about 1/4 inch. this bike loves to be ridden hard and thrown around the corners.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts