Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thunderheader now available.

Check out March 2004 Hot Bike mag in New Products. Some other Vrod stuff also.

Ken

·
The Tin Man
2,153 Posts
I am trying to get some info - but first contact and checking with others who have dealt with them - I think that they may be trying to compete with Corbin for the low watermark regarding customer service - and I think they may have a decisive victory.

·
The Tin Man
2,153 Posts
Matt - click your link - it doesnt go to thunder headers - also they refuse to talk to anyone but an athorized dealer - part of their customer friendly approach to business - I also hear that they are quite a handful in dealing with warranty issues - with a history of warranty problems. But...if they make adequate HP and look good - we do not have to marry them.
KSP

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
too bad. more options is a GOOD thing!!

Greg

·
9 second club member
2,326 Posts
i just copied it out of the mag, didnt know it would end up as a link. I dont think they look good. if the end didnt taper off the they would look better. there is another web site in the same mag for pips it is www.faic.cc I have never seen a address end in cc before

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The pics that Frank posted are not the Thunderheaders. They are made by Forced Air Induction Collector and are supposed to catch are from the outside and suck the exhaust through. UGLY. This is on page 156 of the Hot Bike March.

On page 154 is where the Tunderheaders are. I think that they look better then the Trapps because they don't have that import FartPipe style can. Also looks like they would improve corner clearance. Phone 510-234-7547. Rich Products.

On page 157 there are wheelie bars from Pingel. For those interested.

Ken

3 new Vrod products in one issue, good news.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
What is that pipe facing the front of the bike,at the collector,purpose? :confused:
Thay look ok :hmm: But they are not equal lenght,but neither is my ST :diablo:
Is there any performance figures for these pipes?

·
2,552 Posts
vrodvinny said:
What is that pipe facing the front of the bike,at the collector,purpose? :confused:
Thay look ok :hmm: But they are not equal lenght,but neither is my ST :diablo:
Is there any performance figures for these pipes?
Ceramic Coating

All F.A.I.C. systems come ceramic coated, inside and out. Three options are currently avialable: Satin Black, Satin Blue, or Tech Line Coatings, Inc. CERMAKROME TM, polished metallic ceramic coating. The coating not only functions as an excellent thermal barrier, but the polished near chrome appearance, will not blue like chrome. CERMAKROMETM will withstand exhaust gas temperatures over 1500f. All coatings provide excellent corrosion protection. Great sound/Great appearance!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charge Enhancers

These units located at the top of the pipe, reduce the amount of exhaust contamination that can be pulled back into the incoming fuel charge during valve overlap. After a piston reaches top dead center on the exhaust stroke the intake valve is already beginning to open and the exhaust valve has not shut. This allows exhaust gasses to be drawn back into the combustion chamber as the piston moves down the bore and begins to draw a new fuel charge in. The Charge Enhancers limit the ability of exhaust gasses to flow back into the combustion chamber. The result is a cleaner air fuel mix that burns more efficiently, producing more low end power and enhancing fuel consumption. A Crisper throttle response from off idle to about 1/3 throttle results.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stepped Primary Tubes

By increasing the tube diameter from the port we can accelerate exhaust gas velocity without reducing low end power. Most systems are a compromise between small diameter pipes for good low end and large diameter pipes for good top end. A step header gives you the best of both worlds. The initial pulse is contained in the small primary tube while it is very hot and moving rapidly, the expansion into a larger tube, allows the greater volume of exhaust that is experienced during high RPM's to flow without the restriction experienced in a smaller tube. A smoother and crisper throttle response with more torque is the result.

Forced Air Induction Cone

The cone is designed in such a way that during idle, air is actually drawn into the cone, not expelled from it. When a vehicle is in motion the "Ram" effect created by the motorcycle's movement through the air, forces additional air into the cone, where it is compressed and expelled behind the pipes just after it enters the collector. This rapidly moving cold air stream creates a vacuum effect, known as a "negative pressure void" that accelerates the exhaust flow. Thus enhancing scavenging and increasing top end Horse Power.

Internal Merge Collector

The use of an internal merge collector reduces turbulence, voids and improves aero dynamic flow. This not only helps exhaust flow but allows for easier tuning adjustments. The merge collector is designed to increase flow and velocity, which increases the scavenging effect of spent gasses. The merge collector allows faster expulsion of spent gases and faster expulsion = FASTER PROPULSION.

Free Flowing Muffler Body with Venturi Tubes

The included muffler body has two ceramic coated Venturi tubes, 2 1/2" and 2 3/4" sizes. These venturis make it possible to fine tune the system for maximum torque and power for each motor's individual characteristics.

Cone Plug

The Cone Plug is used during tuning to achieve proper air/fuel ratio mixture while tuning a gas analyzer, so as not to upset the proper mixture by contaminating with too much oxygen. After tuning, the plug is removed (The plug may stay in after tuning for a slightly quieter exhaust note, but this is not recommended.).

http://www.faic.cc/index1.html

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Frank,
That sounds like alot of research on their part.Has any performance #'s been given?

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
If the thunderheaders are going to resemble what they offer for my Sportster. Probably I don't want them. Post a pic PLEASE!

The F.A.I.C. better walk the walk cause that sure is a lot of talk. Put them on a dyno, see what happens.

In the end probably all good and for the better.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've had the Rich products Thunder Header on a Fatboy and my bagger. The quality is poor. They make horse power on twin cams, but you'll loose any ridding buddies because of the loudness. Guarantied to get you tickets!

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
They are growing on me.If someone buys me a set I'll be the guinea pig :icon_mrgr

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Vinny, you being a HP junkie and mentioning getting rid of the ST's surprised me. I was certain you would be going after TT. Which are the ones you like? F.A.I.C. or TH?

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
eduarprmd said:
Vinny, you being a HP junkie and mentioning getting rid of the ST's surprised me. I was certain you would be going after TT. Which are the ones you like? F.A.I.C. or TH?
I don't know what I want.I just want it all.They only pics that I have seen or can find are the ones that Frank has posted.The only thing that I don't like is the length of the muffler.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts