Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a dealer yesterday and he said that the thunderheader from 02'-06' won't work on the 07'. He also said that the heat shields were $399.95. Does that seem right to anyone else. I was told before that the heat shields were $175. What do you think is different?

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
heat shields shouldnt be that expensive...but it does add up....I know G0.parts has the best pricing Ive found for the Th's....but Ive also heard some members say they are bad to deal with...I guess if youre not in any huge hurry this might be the place to get them...I think their heatshields in chrome are about 149...the black heat shields are more $ for DX.

I beleive you will have to make a new bracket,that is the only difference from 02-06 TH's....the new wider frame of our AWs needs the bracket modded....A member here has done this ,check his gallery....Manolo is is name,and I beleive he has a thread on how to make the bracket for an 07.

Link to Manolos Gallery:
http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=11492

here is a link to goparts:
http://www.gopartsdirect.com/2005/i...Cat=Exhaust+Systems&Model=V-Rod&Placeholder=0

there is a couple guys on ebay who have good deals on Th's too...just slightly higher then GOparts but probably more reliable.

Goodluck!...i want to go with a Thunderheader myself...sooner or later when I can afford it!..lol

Dan

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Slipknotnos said:
Is there any instructions on what needs to be modified?
PM Manolo....he has a HOW TOO on this bracket and can help you...hes a great guy

dan

·
Registered
60 Posts
I used the stock bracket they supplied and modified it. After it is all said and done I think Manalo's mod would have been a little easier although mine was not horrible. I am planning on posting pics pretty soon as I am close to having my dyno tuning done. I am going to put it all in the post. If you consider using the stock bracket just in a nutshell it requires some spacers to bring it out from the gas tank, and some bending which required a good vice and a big pry bar!! I know that sounds pretty "low tech" but it actually turned out really well! If you need more information before I post the pics just PM me.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
todledvm said:
I used the stock bracket they supplied and modified it. After it is all said and done I think Manalo's mod would have been a little easier although mine was not horrible. I am planning on posting pics pretty soon as I am close to having my dyno tuning done. I am going to put it all in the post. If you consider using the stock bracket just in a nutshell it requires some spacers to bring it out from the gas tank, and some bending which required a good vice and a big pry bar!! I know that sounds pretty "low tech" but it actually turned out really well! If you need more information before I post the pics just PM me.

Ive been following your posts about your THs...I also will be going to a TH sooner or later....But Ill probably start with self modded pipes as Ill be too broke after the initial purchase of the bike for the TH!..lol.

i was first leaning toward a TFI or DFO like Manolo uses...but I see many more guys seem to use the pc3 even though its more money the the TFI....so Im anxious to hear about your DYNO with the pc3 and also the fuel economy.....manolo seems to like his setup,and there are others here with pc3 and THs....so keep us posted on your setup...i bet it sounds just killer!

I still cannot believe TH hasnt made a new bracket for 07s still!..ugh!

Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts