Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use a closed loop ThunderMax unit on thier 06 streetrod ? I've got a V&H oval 2into1 and a high flow air cleaner thats all dont want to start doing motor work , allready did my twin-cam . not looking for another project , just want it to run right , it s, cold when first starts and stumbles till it warms up, it pops through the exhaust when you down shift to slow for stop signs and trafftc . If just does'nt run smooth like it should . Let me know if you got one and what you think. Thanks Greg PS i know it's way to lean , thats why i'am asking about the TM unit.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Yes. Ride it - it takes a while to auto tune. A couple of tanks of gas should do it. Call James at Zippers, if you are not sure of your map. Joe

·
Live Free Or Die
330 Posts
Your A/F ratio is AFU. IMO, unless you're going to mod the engine, get the SEPST tuner from HD (which will reporgram your ECU not trick it) and have the bike dynoed. You will not believe how much better your bike will run and perform.

·
Locktite Queen
2,037 Posts
Not everyone has had a problem with the Tmax. I have used one on my R since 2008 without an issue. I never used an aftermarket ecu prior to this. I installed it myself per the directions and left it alone. I have changed exhaust set ups 3 times, and changed my heads and cams. The bike runs great, better than stock for sure.

I have no regrets with the Tmax, it has served me well for 4 years.

I just installed the V&H 2:1 exhaust. Yesterday I finished putting the bike back together and fired it up. I went for a short ride and the bike ran well for having sat in the basement since last November. I'm looking forward to a ride tonight if it stops raining....

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,929 Posts
Not everyone has had a problem with the Tmax. I have used one on my R since 2008 without an issue. I never used an aftermarket ecu prior to this. I installed it myself per the directions and left it alone. I have changed exhaust set ups 3 times, and changed my heads and cams. The bike runs great, better than stock for sure.

I have no regrets with the Tmax, it has served me well for 4 years.

I just installed the V&H 2:1 exhaust. Yesterday I finished putting the bike back together and fired it up. I went for a short ride and the bike ran well for having sat in the basement since last November. I'm looking forward to a ride tonight if it stops raining....
With the TM those are the key words to live by...

If you are going to play with then you should do some serious research.
Know what you are buying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts