Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted this in the Baggers section but have not gotten any responses, so I thought I would try my luck here. Does anyone know of a good set of throw over bags that work good with the F (all the specifics if you know them, size, model, make etc). I hate everything about the Harley rigid bags especially the :broke:, but I need something for my trip to strugis.

Also, if some sort of rack is needed to protect from scratching.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Check out Cortech bags. There are two types that are adjustable. I have the Sport Saddlebags and like them.

·
Methosan
156 Posts
I have a pair of square studded River Road (small or medium) throw-over bags that fit nicely. I sit on them if I'm alone and if I have a passenger she can sit on them. However, they have scuffed up the exhaust pipes a bit even with the passenger pegs lowered to have the bags sit on them, but I did resign to the fact that this bike is a utilitarian bike and not a showboat. Handlebars have scratches from the handlebar bag holding my rain gear, too :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks! What I plan on doing is getting a passenger backrest with the luggage rack to hold the saddle bags on. I really like the look of those ones without the studs. They hang down to your exhaust? Do you have a picture with them on the bike?

·
Methosan
156 Posts

Here you can see the scuff marks the bags have left on the rear fork chrome covers.

The bags do not work on the luggage rack without a frame as they will cover the license plate and will hit the rear wheel, too. Also, the rack is only rated for 10 lbs and you're likely going to pack more than that in it.

For other bags I have a small and a large cylindrical bags from Biker's Friend www.bikersfriend.com

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks alot man! Helps out alot. I didnt plan on putting the bags on the luggage rack. I was just gonna throw them over the passanger seat. I would mainly use the rack for my helmet or small stuff like that. I didnt know it was only rated for 10lbs though, thats pretty lame.

I have checked out those bags at bikers friend, and I really like them. I am going to eventually get one. Thanks again for the input. Helped out alot!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Check out the Kuryakyn Gran Throw-Over bags. They seem fit what I am looking for on my F.

Good Luck.

·
Non-stop-rider
889 Posts
I own a pair of universal FirstGear bags. To keep them from scratching/rubbing, I have a set of support brackets. The bags have been great, but I don't think my supports will work for you. I got them at V-mod and the F isn't listed as compatible. You'll see that I run the saddlebag straps under the pillion, and through the rear rack. It helps to keep everything away from the bike.

http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=58669&catid=member&imageuser=25504

Bags: FirstGear Silverstone ($150) They have a black set for $130

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the input! Alot of options to choose from that I didnt even know were out there. As far as guards go I could only find one company that makes one specifically for the F and they are located in Europe. No way im paying for that. I think of something. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts