Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive done some reading but didn't find anything. Just replaced my grips. throttle grip is being jammed by the cover. Its new from Harley OEM. Should i just sand the part where the cables go into? when the two screws are loose its fine, as soon as I apply pressure they jam the throttle up and it sticks.

Thanks ya'll

·
13 DX
2 Posts
Can you describe what you mean by "jammed"? I had that issue on my DX when i put on kuryakyn grips and the reason was the lower throttle adjustment screw was in too much and basically causing my grip to not release back.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Ive done some reading but didn't find anything. Just replaced my grips. throttle grip is being jammed by the cover. Its new from Harley OEM. Should i just sand the part where the cables go into? when the two screws are loose its fine, as soon as I apply pressure they jam the throttle up and it sticks.

Thanks ya'll
Could be the star wheel tensioner not turned all the way out or grip too far onto the bar and the inside end of grip is being rubbed against the bar end or bore is too tight in the grip. Find the exact reason before sanding the wrong area. It could also be you have the return cable too tight. This tends to jam the bore against the bar with friction, impeding easy return.
Ron

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just figured it out. Since the new grip was 1-2 mm shorter I had to move the whole assembly 1-2mm out. It was rubbing against the wall of the switch box. Smooth and good.
Only reason I did not try that first was because I didn't realize the new grip was a tiny bit shorter than the old one.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
I just figured it out. Since the new grip was 1-2 mm shorter I had to move the whole assembly 1-2mm out. It was rubbing against the wall of the switch box. Smooth and good.
Only reason I did not try that first was because I didn't realize the new grip was a tiny bit shorter than the old one.
Figured that. Nice simple fix. I believe my Kuri grips had the same issue and same fix.
Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.