Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 06 with 4500 miles This problem has just started recently. When you let go of the accerator grip the engine does not completly go to idle. It seems that the linkage is not closing back up all the way. You can return it manually by twisting the grip and having the cables pull everything closed but otherwise stays just slightly open.This only happens when everything is hot. I have had checked the cables, linkage when cold and everything is fine. I cleaned the linkage and springs and sprayed a little silicone spray to try to fix this problem but hasnt fixed it so far Any Ideas. The bike is completly stock

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Have you checked the throttle lock in the hand grip to make sure the little rubber piece is not wadding up on the throttle sleeve?

·
Noel
4,613 Posts
Have you moved or adjusted the cable slack adjusters recently?

If so, a slight loosening of one of them might allow the grip to return to zero & move more freely.

·
Tie One On
1,645 Posts
I recently had mine stop opening the butterflies past the half throttle position even though the throttle itself would open all the way. I loosened up the throttle adjustments and then re-adjusted them and works fine now. You may try this to yours.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just thought I would post what happened on the accelerator cable problem. I re-adjusted the cables, took a couple tries and then used a good lube and wet all the pivoting areas. All seems to be good with the butterflys closing now.. But of course now had problems with the clutch master cylinder that I have gotten great help on another post. Thanks guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts