Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering getting new throttle cables but haven't decided yet. Anyways, putting the bike back together now after a teardown to clean and check everything out. The cables seemed to fit and lay just fine before but upon re-installation, i don't know, just doesn't seem to look right. Its a 2011 Muscle. Cables go under bars, loop around into frame and go above the diagnostic plug/main fuse on the right side of battery, correct? Just seems stiff after routed next to battery then S curves over to the throttlebody and possible interfer with airbox? Just seems to bind a little, not snappy throttle. Anyways, anyone have a quick pic they can post or verify?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I was considering getting new throttle cables but haven't decided yet. Anyways, putting the bike back together now after a teardown to clean and check everything out. The cables seemed to fit and lay just fine before but upon re-installation, i don't know, just doesn't seem to look right. Its a 2011 Muscle. Cables go under bars, loop around into frame and go above the diagnostic plug/main fuse on the right side of battery, correct? Just seems stiff after routed next to battery then S curves over to the throttlebody and possible interfer with airbox? Just seems to bind a little, not snappy throttle. Anyways, anyone have a quick pic they can post or verify?
Thanks
Make sure your star adjuster is backed off. There will be some contact with the front of the airbox. One of the reasons I went with a trimmed bottom box, to free all that space up. Should work as is though if routing is correct.
Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the attachment. Thats how i had it figured but wanted to make sure. It shows the cables over the battery end more than on the side. Ill install this weekend after some more polishing. Throttlelock is backed off and I was just mocking it up so got to check to make sure the throttle grip isn't hitting the end of the handlebars also. I've seen that one get a few folks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts