Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed drag bars on my '12 Nightrod and am running stock cables. upon reassembly of the throttle housing, i notice the throttle does not snap back nor open up as easily as it did before the drag bars. could it be that the cables are too long and causing tension? I essentially just tucked them behind the front cowl as they were a bit long with the shorter bars now.

I played with the throttle adjusters as well and still no luck. Greased the bar and no signs of rubbing. any help would be amazing!:banghead:

·
F2NV
1,786 Posts
Also check that they are not get caught at the throttle body. Somehow mine got off track and didn't work just right.

A little realigning and they work well ever since.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had a similar issue and it turned out being the linkage that connects the front and rear throttle bodies rubbing on the coolant pipe at the 1/3 to 1/2 throttle position. I looked at a few other Vrods and the clearance at that point is very tight. Loosening the clamps on the coolant pipe / hose and a little realigning took care of the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.