Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Witty Line Here
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attempted to install my PM grips tonight and ended up screwing up the brass ferrule.

Anyone know a part number? Also are they uniform on all Harley's?

I need a couple ASAP as you can imagine!

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
call

Neo541 said:
I attempted to install my PM grips tonight and ended up screwing up the brass ferrule.

Anyone know a part number? Also are they uniform on all Harley's?

I need a couple ASAP as you can imagine!
just start calling the closet riding partners.....someones got to have a couple in their toolbox - they can sometimes be a pain with the steel PM grips

·
Witty Line Here
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, thanks!

Unfortunately I don't have a close riding partner, so hopefully one of the Harley shops has them in stock tomorrow.

I appreciate the help very much!

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
how far?

Neo541 said:
Wow, thanks!

Unfortunately I don't have a close riding partner, so hopefully one of the Harley shops has them in stock tomorrow.

I appreciate the help very much!
i don't know the lay of the land in oregon but i get the idea it has its share of LONG roads.

remember to get a couple extra and put them in your toolbox.:D

·
Witty Line Here
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
G4ses, Wow, I appreciate the offer! Hopefully I'll be able to find them a little closer. And now that I saw how the front one was, I think I'll have a few handy like V-Shop suggested! :)

Now, while my bike is inop, do I PC the handlebars? Hmmm...

·
Registered
524 Posts
Neo541 said:
G4ses, Wow, I appreciate the offer! Hopefully I'll be able to find them a little closer. And now that I saw how the front one was, I think I'll have a few handy like V-Shop suggested! :)

Now, while my bike is inop, do I PC the handlebars? Hmmm...
Let me know if you need them It won't cost me much more than a couple of stamps which Ill probably steal from work anyway..:D

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Aftermarket a lot cheaper.

Neo541 said:
Picked up 3 at my local dealer! I'm pretty happy about that, even though they cost $2.92 a piece! Yikes! :D
The aftermarket suppliers are a lot cheaper (e.g. J&P Cycles part # 520-575 are 99 cents each), but you would still have to have them shipped. I added a few when I was ordering some other aftermarket parts; always good to have extras on hand.

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
fliphd said:
I can understand losing one cause I did that but how can you destroy one? Hammer in a sandbox comes to mind. ha ha

I was thinking the same thing.......

1 - 20 of 25 Posts