As I recall, yours was higher then desired as well. Scolded is harsh. Might have been a suggestion, LOL. The need was likely due to sight variances between the stock throttle shafts and the upgraded shafts as in blade slots and flats on the shafts. Very sensititve area and a few tenths off here and there can make big tps voltage changes to stock TPS mounting holes.If I recall correctly, Ron may remember better, but I did make a new plate, with relocated tps mounting holes. Worked, got the volts to .45. The issue (as I remember) was with bike running @ idle. I was "running out of steps with IAC" and couldn't get everything "happy". I made the new plate with a hole saw, cutoff wheel, and a couple drills. Easy enough, but I ended up going back to stock unit, once I did the flashlight trick.
In the images, the new one is on top. Note relationship of the small tapped holes in relation to the countersunk ones.
Not sayin this couldnt have worked, it just wasn't right. And I got scolded LOL, if I remember correctly. And, to be fair, it DID make a difference when I made it right.