Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to know where I can get a gasket without going to the stealer ship. Been searching and can't find anything. And another question I also need the 2 tubes on the bottom on the air box.

If I were to get the 58 mm throttle body stacks how big of a diff will that help?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
the dealership is the only place I know of to get the gasket

are you running a big bore engine
if not then what do you need a 58mm throttle body for

·
Registered
224 Posts
Get material and make your own . Dont be scared.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Need to know where I can get a gasket without going to the stealer ship. Been searching and can't find anything. And another question I also need the 2 tubes on the bottom on the air box.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
If you mean the TB to airbox gasket, it list for $2.53 at LakeShore HD on-line "www.lshd1.com". Lot's less than the aggravation to make one. Many HD dealer parts dept will mail you parts for the cost of mailing, lots less than gas these days.

The two vent tubes list for $12.18 each. just sayin'

(these are for '09, I don't have the pn for any other year)

k

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
Order the parts from a dealer that offer discounts for online sales such as New Castle HD. The gasket can be reused if your are gentle.
Pass on the bigger TB unless you have a bigger than stock motor or head work.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Go here and get the price and part number:
http://www.shopronniesharleydavidson.com/OEMpartfinder.htm

go to www.lshd1.com (Lakeshore HD) enter the PN and see the discounted price.

Besides Lakeshore and Newcastle, there are other discounters, someone will chime in on who they are.

You can also call around and ask for a discount. I did and pay 10% over dealer cost at one place. This is better than 20% discount.

My local dealer in Iowa (see my Avitar) would just as soon miss a sale than give any discount and make a buck or few.

k

·
Premium Member
11,207 Posts
Watch New Castle Harley. Their shipping charges are outrageous.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,002 Posts
Oh come on... it's a $2 part. What are you saving, 20 cents? Gimme a break. Go to the dealer and get it. :banghead:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts