Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I swapped handlebars. Bike was running fine prior to this. When I finished, bike wouldnt start, just turns over. Check engine light goes off briefly then comes on and stays on. I checked all the codes, wrote them down, then cleared them so I would get rid of any stored codes from the previous owner, and checked again to see what the current code are. Here is what comes up.
P0261 front injector open / low
P0263 rear injector open / low
Then I noticed that the throttle grip is really stiff. I loosened up the clamp and the controls and then it moved freely on the bars. It just doesnt move freely separate from the controls. Not sure what I messed up but I could use some help as I have never had this happen before.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Today I swapped handlebars. Bike was running fine prior to this. When I finished, bike wouldnt start, just turns over. Check engine light goes off briefly then comes on and stays on. I checked all the codes, wrote them down, then cleared them so I would get rid of any stored codes from the previous owner, and checked again to see what the current code are. Here is what comes up.
P0261 front injector open / low
P0263 rear injector open / low
Then I noticed that the throttle grip is really stiff. I loosened up the clamp and the controls and then it moved freely on the bars. It just doesnt move freely separate from the controls. Not sure what I messed up but I could use some help as I have never had this happen before.
After some research on this, I think I may have kinked the throttle cable. Can a kinked cable cause this issue? Does that also mean a new throttle cable will be required?

·
Registered
108 Posts
After some research on this, I think I may have kinked the throttle cable. Can a kinked cable cause this issue? Does that also mean a new throttle cable will be required?
Did you ever get this sorted?

I wouldn't expect a kinked throttle cable to cause this issue. With those codes I'd expect it to be something electrical. Loose connectors, loose plugs, loose grounds etc.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts