Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folk, my gas gauge didnt work brought it back to the stealer they could not fix it, I was using HD synt oil like it was going out of style dealer wanted to change my rings I opted to change to amsoil fixed that , now I am getting a little clunk coming from the front end when I go over small ruts in the road? Part of me says bring it back in the other is saying deal with it & ride???? What do you think?

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have the same problem :banghead: iv taken everything apart to try to find out the rattle and came up with nothing. The dealership cant find it but at least they looked at it a half dozen times without complaining. has anyone else had this problem?? iv almost gave up on finding a solution.

·
Registered
818 Posts
i have the same problem :banghead: iv taken everything apart to try to find out the rattle and came up with nothing. The dealership cant find it but at least they looked at it a half dozen times without complaining. has anyone else had this problem?? iv almost gave up on finding a solution.
Clunk most likely head bearing tightness.

Rattle is air cleaner cover. Take it all apart and reassemble ensuring all is clipped, and set in the pins and screws are tight. Alot of time they miss getting the side covers onto the pins or the screws are not tight.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is running topless, so I can eliminate the air clearer idea. Head bearing? how can I check that or should I bite the bullet & bring it in one more time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts