Votes: 11 12.2%
  • 2-UP RIDING

Votes: 16 17.8%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to collect some data here to see if there is any rhyme or reason to the taillight ejecting problem. Please let us know what bike you have, if the rear fender is stock or aftermarket, suspension setup, hit bump when taillight left, 2-up, and any other info that may be relevant.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Best of luck Joe. You're a more ambitious man than I am.

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Joe I was running a tailight that was modified by V-mod. It used a stock housing and had built in directionals (similar to your set up). According to Steve he made these for a short time before the Clear Alternatives one came out. Anyways I was running it on my '02, with a stock fender, no DA, and lowered with 12" Progressive shocks. Since you're from the Northeast you know how BIG some of these potholes can be. Lets just say that my hole bike was in the hole before I came out the otherside :hidesbeh: . I guess thats what I get for following to close to the car in front of me.

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
Mine popped off on the dyno right in front of the dealer! LOL Needless to say they replaced it with a brand new one and it has stayed put so far.

·
Dragger o' Pegs
3,461 Posts
Mine was a stock tailight. Not sure when it happened exactly. I can bet it was on one of two horrendous highways here in Albany. On those two highways, with lowered suspension.....It's a rough ass ride.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
DrHeathenScum said:
I'm trying to collect some data here to see if there is any rhyme or reason to the taillight ejecting problem. Please let us know what bike you have, if the rear fender is stock or aftermarket, suspension setup, hit bump when taillight left, 2-up, and any other info that may be relevant.
Doesn't the size of the rear tire effect this also?

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sure, I would imagine that could be a factor as well... unfortunately, I can't edit the poll now :)

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
DrHeathenScum said:
sure, I would imagine that could be a factor as well... unfortunately, I can't edit the poll now :)

I think a MOD can edit the pole...maybe???

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
my clear alternatives tail light popped out and stuck between the fender and tire, so yeah it was ruined. I bought another one and while installing it I could swear that the first one just didn't snap in at the bottom as good as the second one. So I dunno could those little metal clips not all be exactly the same?

·
jacket off!
9,720 Posts
MY HEAVY CYCLES STAGE 2 TAIL LIGHT WITH INTEGRATED TURN SIGNALS HAS NEVER POPPED OUT! JOE IS THE MAKER OF AN OUTSTANDING PRODUCT AND HIS INTEGRITY IS UNMATCHED!

How's that Joe?:D

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
I find it difficult to believe that the tail light can just pop out.
I had a hell of a time trying to get mine to come out. Lots of persuasion and cuss words.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Stock NRS, taillight missing after high speed bump;replaced with Stage 1 from Joe no problems since!!!!:)

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
My stock light popped out of my stock fender twice within a month of purchase. The little tabs on the light snapped off. It was replaced under warranty and the next one snapped one tab off. Again it was replaced. I then got the HD LED light and had no issues. Then I got Doc's Stage I Stealth light and still have no issues!

·
matt blk & fire hot
1,569 Posts
Yeah

naterod said:
did any of you that had a tail light ejected notice rub marks on the plastic housing
Bone stock '07 DX had it noted on the 1k service that the stock tire rubs on the tail light cover under the fender. it has not popped out yet, just a little loose at the tabs. I do ride 2-up.

·
RFFR
2,717 Posts
My clear alternatives integrated tail light popped out today one tab broke of and the metal clip is gone. Damn it! Now I am out of commision until I get another one......

1 - 20 of 41 Posts