Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
KenG said:
I ordered my parts back in July and I am now stuck in the national backorder for 44740-06 Master Cylinder Assy Rear (Oct 12). If anyone knows where I can get one of these before October I would appreciate it.

I ordered a kit from V-mod last week. I'm waiting for the same part.

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
RODent said:
Ask your dealer. They have a computer that can show all HD dealers in the country that have the part in stock. Now, the computer is not always right...
My dealer already called the 4 dealers in the U.S. shown to have the part and they did not have any. I am currently number 57 on the waiting list from MoCo to get one. I have checked Cycle-Parts, Zanotti and have an inquiry to Vmod. I scoured E-bay also with no luck. I was hoping that maybe on of the forum members might know another possible location that I have not checked.

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
DLL66 said:
I ordered a kit from V-mod last week. I'm waiting for the same part.
So I guess my answer from V-mod will be a no. Thanks.

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
DLL66 said:
I got my Forward Controls from V-Mod today!!
That will teach me, I was a click away from ordering from V-mod when for some reason I went with my local dealer. :banghead: Try to give a local guy some business and this is what I get, BACKORDERED. For some reason V-mod never returned my inquiry, must be they are too busy laughing their arse off at my misfortune.

·
Registered
519 Posts
KenG said:
That will teach me, I was a click away from ordering from V-mod when for some reason I went with my local dealer. :banghead: Try to give a local guy some business and this is what I get, BACKORDERED. For some reason V-mod never returned my inquiry, must be they are too busy laughing their arse off at my misfortune.
VMod rarely returns inquiries. Real bad business practice - they lost out on thousands of dollars from me. The one time they returned my e-mail I spent 90 bucks - dumb shiets.

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
Looks like the back order on the Rear Master Cylinder is being worked off. I just got confirmation today that my part has moved from Backorder status to allocated.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
KenG said:
Looks like the back order on the Rear Master Cylinder is being worked off. I just got confirmation today that my part has moved from Backorder status to allocated.

It won't be long!

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
DLL66 said:
It won't be long!
That is what I thought but finally today after 3 months of waiting I have forward controls on my D.

The parts list already provided was fairly inclusive here is what my parts guy ordered.

1 x 72023-51D Break light Switch kit, R
1 x 24226-01A Kit, Chrome Break Pedal, Rear
1 x 33833-01A Kit, Chrome Shift Lever, VRSC
1 x 50809-02A Kit, Chrome Footpeg mounting
1 x 47988-05BK Frame, Lower, RH, Black
2 x 41750-06 Bolt, Banjo Brakeline
1 x 44740-06 Master Cylinder Assy, Rear (the infamous back ordered part)
1 x 41677-06 Brake line Assy, Rear
4 x 41751-06A Gasket, Brakeline
1 x 7951 Nut, Hex Jam
1 x 3731M Screw, Button Hex cap
1 x 33758-01 Shifter Rod
1 x 10184 Clip, T-Stud, small ID
1 x 4240 Screw, Hex Head
5 x 10231 Clamp
1 x 94073-03 Screw, M8x1.25x30LG BTN

+ 2 hours of labor and a bottle of DOT 4.

I know ... :worthless I'll get a round to it soon.

I decided to keep the motor mount the same as well as not change the heat shield. I still have the mid-pegs on but I am going to remove them soon as they are getting in the way. Unless I can find a way to fold them up when I am not using them.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I bought the Forward control kit from V-mod. Great kit mostly HD parts. I tried to get just the parts from my local dearlers but the right frame tube was not available. So I went with V-mod and I bought the engine mount from A or DX for $20 bucks and put that on. I did the whole conversion myself except the engine mount pretty straight forward. I love it. Plus I just sold my mids for $100.00 buck on Ebay in an hour.

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
mikelebron said:
Did you do the work yourself? How is for someone who just does oil changes to perform the work them selves?
I had my local dealer do mine. I do not own a torque wrench, stand, service manual or pressure bleeder and decided for less than the cost of the tools and manual I could just have my local dealer put on the parts. It only took them about 2 hours to install so labor was $140. Since mine was the first VRod they did they did not charge me the time that the mechanic spent looking up the procedure in the service manual or mocking up the install, just time wrenching on my bike.

I got caught in the national backorder of the master cylinder that took the parts 3 months to arrive. My dealer was able to order the frame no problem. This list I provided is inclusive of everything that was installed on my bike.

You can save a few hundred bucks ordering through Vmod and installing yourself, for me it was worth the money to let a deal do the work. Besides my forward controls are warrantied for one year through my dealer.

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
Mods, the parts info should be a sticky or something for D owners. I see this question at least 10 times a month.

·
Registered
279 Posts
vrodderD said:
Mods, the parts info should be a sticky or something for D owners. I see this question at least 10 times a month.
:them:

Thanks for the info.. This is my first mod in the spring (end of the winter)

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
vrodderD said:
C/W Tim!

·
Registered
1 Posts
from spain

Hi

I´m Eder from spain and I need to know where did you got that FW Control for your VRSCD and how much tehy cost.

Thanks!!

Eder

vrohewett said:
hi everyone, today i'm finished with my FW controls convertion, i'll take my bike to the stealer tomorrow to purge the new brake line.

what have you guys done about the support where the original brake was?

it looks weird now...

what have you done about it? any ideas to hide it?

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
edertxin said:
Hi

I´m Eder from spain and I need to know where did you got that FW Control for your VRSCD and how much tehy cost.

Thanks!!

Eder
http://www.v-mod.com/shop/viewCategory.asp?CID=94

I bought mine through V-Mod. A couple forum members had to wait a while. I kept calling them about the status and seemed to me they shipped quicker when I kept asking about it.

By the way, :vrodforu:

41 - 60 of 62 Posts