Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
i plan to cut a small wedge out of the brake pedal then weld it back together,smooth then powder coat black to bring it back 2".will make something to bring the peg back 2".same on other side.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ace Is The Place For An Assortment Of Chrome/stainless Acorn Nuts And Bolts Plus Some Large Hex Heads To Cover Up That Hole. As For The Heat Shield There Are A Number Of After Market Shields Available To Cover That Up. Or Just Change The Complete Exhaust. Be Sure To Change To A "b" Exhaust Frame Bracket And When Ordering Any Exhaust Just Say It's For A "b" Model Try Bub Rinharts If You Want It To Sound Close To Big V Twin

·
chris top her
2,779 Posts
you need to put some type of bolt in there!!!! i did the forward controls on my D and just painted it black......now that i have torn my bike down for the big bore, i realized that it is part of the rear motor mount and it supports the swing arm pivot bolt. if you leave the bolt out, you will only have one bolt holding that piece on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chris

·
Registered
191 Posts
actually chopper steve told me I could totally remove that piece. The piece from the DX is works. When I did my forward controls I just swapped out that bracket as well...

·
chris top her
2,779 Posts
you can remove it, if you replace it with the one from a DX or possibly a B. don't run without one or one bolt, either.

·
Registered
191 Posts
would just one bolt be a problem? I just assumed that since the pivot bolt was tightened than that bracket doesnt do much....am I way wrong??

·
chris top her
2,779 Posts
the swingarm bolt and the bracket have a working relationship. i'm no engineer, but i would say that it's better to share the load. that bracket and swingarm bolt are both needed components in the rear engine mount....and that rear mount was definately underengineered when compared to the rest of the bike......just my $ .02

chris

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
vrohewett said:
hi everyone, today i'm finished with my FW controls convertion, i'll take my bike to the stealer tomorrow to purge the new brake line.

what have you guys done about the support where the original brake was?

it looks weird now...

what have you done about it? any ideas to hide it?

I will trade you motor mounts, I was just going to cut a bushing for my mid control I'm putting on my A.

·
hitting the road
379 Posts
Gee, I finally found this post...making my other worthless. I guess I will cut this down, find a bolt to go in there and paint it all black. That should take care of any problems and make that inconspicuous.

·
reservation dogs
1,993 Posts
Pull the bracket off and replace it with a motor mount off an an A-B-X or other bike with factory forward controls. Then put it up for sale on the forums, the MSRP for that piece is about $80 or $90. I had to buy that part when I put Mid-Controls on my X.

·
Registered
257 Posts
this should be a sticky for everyone

vrohewett said:
ok my friend, this is your lucky day because there are many threads about this topic and many parts list in the forums but they are confusing.

as you can see in the pics, i made the convertion myself with only original parts. i guarantee that this is ALL you need:

72023-51c stoplight switch rear
24226-01 *KIT, CHROME BRAKE PEDAL, REAR, VRSC
33833-01 *KIT, CHROME SHIFT LEVER, VRSC
50809-02 *KIT, CHROME FOOTPEG MOUNTING
33797-02 *KIT, DECORATIVE SHIFTER LINKAGE, ROUND
7951 *NUT, HEX JAM
47988-05BK *FRAME, LOWER,RH., BLACK
10184 * CLIP, T-STUD, SMALL ID
41751-06 *GASKET, BRAKELINE
41750-06 *BOLT, BANJO, BRAKELINE
3731M * SCREW, BUTTON HEX CAP
44740-06 *MASTER CYLINDER ASSY, REAR
41677-06 *BRAKE LINE ASSY, REAR

these are the instructions from the manual.

http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56594&d=1154652636

this is the parts list:

http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56595&d=1154652636

this is the fastest and cheapest vendor, i ordered all directly to

www.cycle-parts.com

special thanks to eldiablo.
Thanks for the update

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
well...... what i finally did was to leave the mid pegs in place, in fact i've been using my bike that way for 4 months and i find them useful when riding in the highway, they help change the weight distribution and let your legs and ass rest. i recommend it.

·
hitting the road
379 Posts
josephthreedogs said:
Pull the bracket off and replace it with a motor mount off an an A-B-X or other bike with factory forward controls. Then put it up for sale on the forums, the MSRP for that piece is about $80 or $90. I had to buy that part when I put Mid-Controls on my X.
I see why it is there now...but how do you get it off? There is no way to grip it with any tool? Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
How do they feel

kfrey95 said:
My reduced reach control kit, 50360-04 KIT REDUCED REACHVROD 1 $228.04, from Surdyke Harley was relativley cheap.

https://www.surdyke.com/hd/catalog.asp?cat=0
I have been wanting to get a set also , was hoping to get a feel for them in person . Does the one inch up and back make much of a difference ? I already have the reduced reach seat .

·
Registered
148 Posts
Someone was sayin that you need new rad tin if you put forwards on a D? Anyone have any input? Not sure what he was talkin about. None of the posts of you guys that have done it already have mentioned it. Lookin to swap with a DX owner for their forwards. I am also changin exhaust if that makes a diff. Thanks

·
hitting the road
379 Posts
he doesn't know what he is talking about. I just put forward controls on mine and they fit without any problems. The cut-out is there because of the highway pegs. Hope this helps!!

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
I ordered my parts back in July and I am now stuck in the national backorder for 44740-06 Master Cylinder Assy Rear (Oct 12). If anyone knows where I can get one of these before October I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
519 Posts
KenG said:
I ordered my parts back in July and I am now stuck in the national backorder for 44740-06 Master Cylinder Assy Rear (Oct 12). If anyone knows where I can get one of these before October I would appreciate it.
Ask your dealer. They have a computer that can show all HD dealers in the country that have the part in stock. Now, the computer is not always right...

21 - 40 of 62 Posts