Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry this is the best picture I could take
I put on some new chrome upper/lower belt guards (thanks "norrak") and the upper guard isn't the same as the original guard (the nut isn't attached to the guard) so I bought a nut and put the guard on but the nut looks very close to the pulley. I didn't look how close the original guard was so I'm not sure but they might be the same. I'm guessing if I can turn the tire all the way round and the pulley doesn't rub on the nut (hehe rub on nut :D) I'm good to go, right?

Attachments

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Looks close. But looks like it clears. You can get a low profile M12 nut from Autozone and be done with it. Now that I think of it, that was pretty close too.

·
Pineland Underground
14,737 Posts
rjrivero said:
Looks close. But looks like it clears. You can get a low profile M12 nut from Autozone and be done with it. Now that I think of it, that was pretty close too.
:them: ...and decided to take a look at mine since I also have the chrome belt guard. Looks like mins is just as close as yours but clears just fine. So you should be good to go. :)

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured even the original guard had to be pretty close and as long as it cleared I should be all right, I just wanted a few others opinion to make me feel better about it :thumb:

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well rode the bike to work this morning and didn't get any rubbing on the nut (me and my bike had something in common this morning :mad: ) here's a picture of the guards on the bike...

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
when I put my 240 on I had a similar issue, it literally cleared by about 1/16th of and in. 1K later and no problems.

·
Never Late
520 Posts
lakedrunk said:
well rode the bike to work this morning and didn't get any rubbing on the nut (me and my bike had something in common this morning :mad: ) here's a picture of the guards on the bike...
That makes two jokes about rubbing nuts......think you need to spend more time away from the bike and find yourself a girl buddy!

·
Resident Tugboat Cpt
4,443 Posts
nval8 said:
That makes two jokes about rubbing nuts......think you need to spend more time away from the bike and find yourself a girl buddy!

That's the problem with airport workers.:stilpoke:

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nval8 said:
I'm a married man, but I guess another girl would be good :thumb:

ok that's mean, my wife is great!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts