Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
loud & low & solo
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

i officially sold the bike today and got a chevy avalanche to replace it... i was tired of not being able to include my wife or my little girl on my love of anything with a motor and wheels... so the bike had to go. i would be lying if i said that i did not look at the empty spot in the garage tonight and just cried like a baby... i really did form an incredible bond with my bike... i did every bit of work on that thing with my own 2 hands and left almost nothing untouched... but however I was the only one whom got to enjoy it and was tired of that... so i bought a chevy avalanche that can fit my ass and 5 others if i wanted! i plan on going just as crazy on the avalanche as i did on the bike... i just cant help myself! i bid you all a farwelll and good riding...

and please just remember guys... you can do anything you want without the belief that you just dont have the resourses to make your vision into reality... so just get your ass out there and just get dirty...:)

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,132 Posts
You did the right thing. If I have to choose between anything and my family, family always comes first.

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
Nice looking ride. :notworth:

Hopefully you didn't take too much of a beating on the sale. :broke:

·
loud & low & solo
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice looking ride. :notworth:

Hopefully you didn't take too much of a beating on the sale. :broke:
oh no... they paid the rest of my bike off and made it possible to own an almost 40k truck for the same payment my bike was... i think i made out like a fat rat... hhhhmmmm im thinking a huge lift big arse tires and a supercharger to get the ball moving! AAAAHHHH A NEW ADDICTION!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
why the hell didn't I see that in the Bike of the Month/year contests?????
Sweet looking ride.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
SOAB that is one sweet looking bike! :notworth: You did a beautiful job on it.

Good luck in the future. There'll be more bikes.

·
Road rash hurts!!!!
191 Posts
oh no... they paid the rest of my bike off and made it possible to own an almost 40k truck for the same payment my bike was... i think i made out like a fat rat... hhhhmmmm im thinking a huge lift big arse tires and a supercharger to get the ball moving! AAAAHHHH A NEW ADDICTION!
Should have put your kids into slavery/care and buried your wife in your garden somewhere RIP former biker. :hidesbeh:

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
You can still visit here, with pics of the "new" toy.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Congrats on the sale. I guess family life changes as you get older. I specifically bought my bike so I'd have something that was just mine, not "ours". Of course that was after 16 years of marriage and teenage kids (with beggars cups in hand 24/7).

·
Registered
22 Posts
man aint that the truth!!!!!!!. i feel like al bundy all the time. no respect, very little time and always shelling out money.

·
Trouble Maker
1,078 Posts
I am sorry to hear the bike had to go. She sure was a sweet lookin piece. About Big Arse tires... Lol. I have some brand new 41" and or 49" IROK's that would look kick ass on that Avalanche...lol. Jim

·
Registered
398 Posts
wow that was one nice motorcycle you had. damn i hope i never have to sell mine. Life goes on.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Take care....

·
Registered
71 Posts
dont worry it get's better. i did the same sold my 67 goat and kz Z1r to get an extra cab p/u for work and fam now they all grown up and wife#2 loves to ride so i got a dx LOL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts