Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new insurance policy in the mail. I went through HD insurance and they hooked me up with GuideOne. The company has now stopped insuring Motorcycles. They have me set up to switch over to a company called American Modern Insurance company. My premium is over $200.00 higher for the year! Bullshitt!!!!!Anybody know of another decent company that is fairly priced? I have a spotless driving record.

Thanks for the suggestions....:banghead

·
Big Daddy!
975 Posts
I use Foremost, for my Harley and waverunner. They seem reasonable, then again what do I know:deal:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Tbag I have never had to make a claim in all the years that I have been riding so I can't say if they are any good but they are national and pretty cheap for my area. Living in the DFW metroplex seems to double all of your insurance but for two v-rods I pay 700 a year for full coverage with 500 deductible with Dairyland.

Max

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never mind peeps,

I just hooked up with progressive. Cut my insurance in half! Woohoo baby!!!!!!:cheers:

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Here's a link to try. These guys specialize in all types of motorcycle insurance and had the lowest rates when I was checking last year. You can get an on-line quote as well.

http://www.motorcycleservices.com/home.asp

I didn't go with them because State Farm came back with a better rate. Probably not a fair comparison since I've been with SF for 22 years and have 7 vehicles and 2 houses insured with them. :eek: :)

I just did an online quote from Geico and to my suprise it was pretty reasonable, about what I'm paying at State Farm. Check them out too.

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
TBAG, I was in the same boat 1 month ago as you are now. I got the letter and my insurance was $150.00 higher with American Modern. I started shopping around for other companies and only Geico was lower. I did insurance searches on this forum, v-twin forum, yahoo forum and v-mod forum. I was left with nothing more then the thought that insurance companies suck and less and less are writing motorcycle insurance.Call American Modern and ask them a lot of questions about your policy. You wiil find out there are a lot of pros with them compared to other companies. They actually bought out guide one. I eventually stuck with them because of my high accessory coverage and for their replacement procedures. I have a 2003 v-rod, if my bike were to get stolen and not found in 2005, they would compare Actual Cash Value of a 2005 v-rod not a 2003 v-rod. With the accessories, they cover 1/2 of the Actual Cash Value of my bike of HD parts. I also purchased from them and additional non Harley accessory parts plan. They charge around $1.50 per $100.00 worth of non harley accessories. They have also been writing Motorcycle insurance for like 25 years. I hope this helps. I know how it feels to think there is always cheaper and better insurance out there, but I feel comfortable with my decision.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
American Family Insurance.I have Everything with them and saved over $700 a month over my Old company!!!!!!!!:D

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I basically got the same coverage and then some with Progressive. They threw in $1000.00 towards accessary coverage for free.

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Super Kaz said:
American Family Insurance.I have Everything with them and saved over $700 a month over my Old company!!!!!!!!:D
Kaz, with all your toys I wouldn`t want your insurance bill..

Then again if I had your money who knows! :rofl3:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Beleive me you don't know the Half of it!:eek: ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just changed to Foremost from Progressive. Below are the quotes I was given for the same coverage per year.

Progressive = $650
Geico = $1000
Dairyland = $690
Foremost = $280

Needless to say, I changed to Foremost. Don't understand the differences, but don't really care anymore. I've got great news, I just saved a bunch of money on my insurance!!

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
I have Foremost... they've been ok.

I look at it this way, find the cheapest insurance you can because all insurance companies are looking to screw you and will dick you when you need help, so at least with the cheapest rates, you won't feel so bad when you get boned.

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Insurance companies are like toilet paper. The one that takes the least amount of skin off my azz is the one I`m goin with! :paper

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Progressive. About $650/yr. They were super after my incident on "the Dragon". Of course, all the bills haven't been paid (medical, through my regular health ins) and I haven't seen my premium for next year.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
My AMF Policy is incredible with a Million dollar umbrella policy .You must have home owners with them to get the discount.I have my truck 03 f-250,01 Saleen speedster,01 ducati 748r,02 V-rod,03 XR-50,House,jewelry,ect for a premium of $460 a Month.Over $700 a Month less then Farmers for more and Better coverage!:D My agent is also a Very Good Looking Friend of mine!;)

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
I use State Farm but have been with them 15 years. They charge me 33 bucks a month for full coverage and a $250 deductable. BUT!!! That is in Oregon and I am over 35 and have over 30 years riding experience. They do take that into account.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts