Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
aka shudude
Joined
·
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my bike in for service (valve lash and coolant leak). The valve lash showed that I needed to have 4 valves shimmed, no problem. The problem is that the rivet in the radiator is the source of the leak and they need to replace the radiator. The dealer said that my extended warranty should cover it, but it will probably take a week to get a radiator in, and we're supposed to have a heat wave all next week and I'm stuck driving to work instead of riding :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Ok, I'm done with my Rant........

Shoe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
shudude said:
Got my bike in for service (valve lash and coolant leak). The valve lash showed that I needed to have 4 valves shimmed, no problem. The problem is that the rivet in the radiator is the source of the leak and they need to replace the radiator. The dealer said that my extended warranty should cover it, but it will probably take a week to get a radiator in, and we're supposed to have a heat wave all next week and I'm stuck driving to work instead of riding :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Ok, I'm done with my Rant........

Shoe
You can pay a little extra and get the radiator tomorrow - if you are willing to shell more dough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
RODent said:
You can pay a little extra and get the radiator tomorrow - if you are willing to shell more dough.
Oh by the way - when dealer says next week add at least 7 days minimum to the expected date!
 

·
aka shudude
Joined
·
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RODent said:
Oh by the way - when dealer says next week add at least 7 days minimum to the expected date!
Thanks for the cheer-up :bash:
 

·
aka shudude
Joined
·
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RODent said:
You can pay a little extra and get the radiator tomorrow - if you are willing to shell more dough.
Not sure, they have to see if it's available in the state or if they need to order from the factory.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
shudude said:
Thanks for the cheer-up :bash:
Sorry - you need to keep on them or pay for an overnight/3day so they physically call it in on the spot and verify availablity. They just throw your order in the list and let it go from there. 7 day quote is generic and could mean back ordered for ever - they really don't know without further research. But they do take your money on the spot.
 

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
Joined
·
7,267 Posts
They are actually made on Mars..... it's the shipping that gets ya..... :D

HoldHard
 

·
LOS ANGELES
Joined
·
1,757 Posts
shudude said:
Got my bike in for service (valve lash and coolant leak). The valve lash showed that I needed to have 4 valves shimmed, no problem. The problem is that the rivet in the radiator is the source of the leak and they need to replace the radiator. The dealer said that my extended warranty should cover it, but it will probably take a week to get a radiator in, and we're supposed to have a heat wave all next week and I'm stuck driving to work instead of riding :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Ok, I'm done with my Rant........

Shoe
Ouchh!!!. Especially with the Hollister Rally coming up next weekend, that sucks.
 

·
aka shudude
Joined
·
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Their also waiting to call the ESP in the morning to make sure they will cover the work. If not it's gonna break the bank :broke: The service mngr sounded pretty confident that it'll be covered though...
Sounds like the main hold-up is getting the part (radiator) in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
shudude said:
Their also waiting to call the ESP in the morning to make sure they will cover the work. If not it's gonna break the bank :broke: The service mngr sounded pretty confident that it'll be covered though...
Sounds like the main hold-up is getting the part (radiator) in.
My oil cooler took 18 days to show up aftering told 7 days - that is when I learned. Good luck..
 

·
aka shudude
Joined
·
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm gonna call around to other dealers to see it its available.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,015 Posts
Well if it helps you feel better atleast you still have a bike to have in service! :)
 

·
aka shudude
Joined
·
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup, I guess your right...
Now that's the cheer-up I'm looking for :)
 

·
Jay Johnston
Joined
·
1,732 Posts
Not to mention they finally found your leak.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
shudude said:
I'm gonna call around to other dealers to see it its available.....
Did you say you own a VRod (lol) - good luck finding a stocked radiator - no way!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,329 Posts
shudude said:
I'm gonna call around to other dealers to see it its available.....
Hace your dealer do this. I kow trhe parts folks have acccess to a data base of available parts i other dealers. If the Service won't/Can't ask the parts people to look for one.
 

·
aka shudude
Joined
·
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I asked by friend at another dealership about the part and he said they where readily available from factory, 3-5 business day shipping. If the ESP is gonna cover the part/labor I'll see if they can have the part shipped overnite or 2nd day delivery and I'll pay the difference.
 

·
Friend of Max.
Joined
·
21,719 Posts
RODent said:
My oil cooler took 18 days to show up aftering told 7 days - that is when I learned. Good luck..
Isnt' the oil cooler and radiator one piece?
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top