Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But, I've got an "R", so I like this forum the best.

The wife and I had an unexpected 4 days off from work together so we decided to take a ride; she on her Sporty 1200 Low, and me on my "R". We left home in midcoast Maine on Friday morning and made a stop on the boulevard at Weirs Beach for Laconia Bike Week. Traveled to Vermont and visited Quechee Gorge...spent the first night at the Rest n' Nest campground in East Thetford, VT. Highly recommended (biker owned), and paid $27.00 for a nice tent site. Traveled to Plattsburgh, NY via Route 2 through the Champlain Island chain and returned to VT via the ferry ($7.00 per bike). Spent the second night at Grand Isle State Park in VT ($20.00 for the site). Traveled to Arundel, ME the third day and stayed at Bentley's ($25.00). Got home early this afternoon...900 miles, 4 awesome days of weather, and my wife of 31 years beside every mile of the way. Some pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
looks like a grate ride looks like some good scenery to ride in I have had my vrod in every state west north and south except the north east hope to make it some day now that my step son and grand kid's has moved to vermont it is on my bucket list . that will make my vrod being in about all the state's I have had it on the dragon with curve's to the salt flats at speed week I did not get to do the 3 mile run I did not know they had that for all the regular bike's I think it cost about 250.00 to run I think 3 time's but you had to take off some stuff off your bike and tape your head light so if you crashed they would not be any glass get in the salt I think it would be fun to do just to say you did it but I had no tool's and was there just to see it . it is well worth the trip just ride out on the salt flats where they make the record run I did run my vrod over 120 mph going out to where they run it is one of the places you need to see to believe and it has been to death valley where it is one of the lowest places and on top of pikes peak colorado I dont think it is the highest place but it was fun. I still think of what people said when the vrod first came out about not being able to take them on a trip.and I still have my small stock gas tank.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I tip my hat to you!! It looks like you had everything you needed packed on your bikes and it's great when your wife rides too (I think) - mine doesn't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.