Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the further adventure of my wayward V-rod in the quest to Finally get fixed!!

I posted this thread a month ago:
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=938697&postcount=1

So I go back to the dealer (July 11th) and show them all the stuff that they f'kd up and the service guy looks at it and tells me they'll fix it and make everything right. 4 days pass and no call from the dealer and I leave 4 messages for them to call me - nothing, nada, it's like I have the plague or something. I go into the dealer (July 14th) and confront the service manager and he looks at my bike and agrees they messed it up and they'll fix it. I tell him I'm going on vacation July 19th thru the 30th and that should be plenty of time to order parts (he agrees and said "we'll order the parts today and that should be enough time to get the parts in") I call the dealer from my camp site July 26th (yes, I brought the cell phone with me camping) and he makes some lame a** excuse that he cant get a hold of the guy in the parts dept. and I'll have to call back in the next day - I tell him I 'm on vacation and to leave a message on my cell - he say's no problem. I get back from vacation and stop by the dealer July 30th (still no call back) and the parts guy tells me the part was only ordered the day before WTF!!! Now I'm pissed and the service manager calls me (finally) and says "sorry" and schedules me to bring my bike in this Tuesday (August 6). I drop off the bike and expect this nasty episode to be at an end - NO! I talked with him today at 11:25am and he said the bike was on the rack being worked on and it should be ready tonite or first thing in the morning. I just get a message from him on my phone that they ordered the WRONG part and they haven't done anything on my bike. He said the clutch hose they ordered was 2 inches longer than stock since I have tour bars, but for some unknown reason the clutch hose wont work and they have to order the stock length hose, so they didn't do anything to my bike (that's be sitting there for 2 days now) I can pick my bike tomorrow but I'll have to bring it back again next week when they get the right part in. I say :bs: Vallejo HD can kiss my a$$! Is there any reason the hose wont work? My tour bars are 1" longer than stock, so the actual length of the hose would only be an inch longer than stock, right?

Sorry for the long :soapbox:

shoe

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VrodG said:
I had the same setup on my bike, stock hose will work.
I know the stock hose will work, but shouldnt the longer hose work as well? That's what they have now, and they want me to wait and bring it back when they get a stock hose in.

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
unfrikkinbelievable, shudude. But if they can't figure out how to install the longer hose, maybe you're better off with these guys to wait until they get the stock hose in. In the meantime, at least you're still riding it.

·
Premium Member
Pan American Son of VROD :-)
1,093 Posts
Bypass the service manager and get to the owner of the shop. If that doesn't work, get the regional HD CS representative and let them know you don't trust the shop to make it right. Ask them to recommend options.

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
I would have lost my cool way before you did

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
Yea, you have the patience of a saint. I would go up the ladder as well on this one but it is still a throw in the dark. Hopefully the owner isn't just as blase' as his staff.

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
Wait until the write-up area is nice and busy and then have a very loud conversation with the service manager, informing him just how long you have waited, that they ordered the wrong parts, that they f'cked up your bike when they did the original work...... you get the idea.... make his other customers aware of what they're in for.....

HH

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Man there are some people on this site w/ waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more patience then me!! God bless you man!! I would have a damn sit down with the General Manager, Store Manager, Parts Manager, and Service manager. Have a nice long discussion on EVERYTHING that has gone wrong. Write it all down and go over it bit by bit!!! Then see what in the hell are they going to do for a)screwing the hell out of your bike, b) compensate you for your time and energy. I don't care if it's a couple hundred bucks on a giftcard, get something!!! Then when everything is said and down never return, and use ever bit of persistence from letting others know never to go there!!!

·
Cranky Old Bastard
6,904 Posts
JDR_ROD said:
Man there are some people on this site w/ waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more patience then me!! !!

No kidding, I would have shit on the service desk and pissed on the service manager by now.

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I'm black listed at the dealership, I called the general manager 4 times today and left messages - still no call back. Looks like I'll have to go down to the dealer in person.

·
one2manybrewsky
400 Posts
Hi Mr. Shoe!

So sorry about your horrible episode with Vallejo HD Service people. I am so glad I didn't buy my NightRod there. Wasn't there another thread not too long ago where you had some trouble re your clutch line bing routed the wrong way from the same dealership, but then brought it to Michael's HD in Cotati & from there they eventually corrected the problem? My only question is, since they already messed it up there the first time whatever reason did you have to go back to get the other stuff done? I know it's closer to you, but after that incident wouldn't you have not trusted them again ever? It's just a question, not an attack on your decision.....

I hope they really make good on whatever they promised to you. For me, if a shop messes up just once, or they cheat me - it's bye-bye. I'd rather spend my hard earned money on a shop that deserves it, & one that will take care of my only beloved bike.

I wish you & the Mrs. the best. I hope one day we can meet up & I hope I could be worthy to ride together with you.

Until then,

Ben

·
Brian
137 Posts
Hey Shoe! :them:

Vallejo HD is where I picked up my Ride from after I got back from Kuwait. I have not had any work done there though. You might try coming over my way to Devil Mountain HD in Pittsburg. I've had my bike worked on there with no problems. Good people all around. The guy that picks up and delivers bikes and parts for them (you know, the guy that drives the HD F-150) is a good friend of mine. Go talk to them and see what they can do for you. I have to agree with some of the others here. I would have gone off WAY sooner than you did, and I've been called a saint before because of my patience.

Make them pay my friend! Get something for your time and effort! That's whats's important.

Take care and good luck!

Vrodmiutant
Brian Panzer
Antioch, CA

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Stories like this make me glad to have a toolbox.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
They never did have the part. The "wrong part" is such an overused excuse and they expect up to believe that BS. Or they'll tell you HD has a backorder of the part you need.

There is a stealership close to where I live, but they are a bunch of :paper: . I drive about 3 tmes the distance to a different stealership for much better service--but its still the same'ol HD BS, just not nearly as bad.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
DallasV Rod said:
They never did have the part. The "wrong part" is such an overused excuse and they expect up to believe that BS. Or they'll tell you HD has a backorder of the part you need.

There is a stealership close to where I live, but they are a bunch of :paper: . I drive about 3 tmes the distance to a different stealership for much better service--but its still the same'ol HD BS, just not nearly as bad.
You must live by the Garland or Allen stores? :rofl: They both set all new lows in service and parts. Not to mention on average they charge about 40% over msrp on parts.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
shudude said:
I think I'm black listed at the dealership, I called the general manager 4 times today and left messages - still no call back. Looks like I'll have to go down to the dealer in person.
any time I have an issue I resolve it in person... I never get called back when I am pissed off. I take my ass to the dealer get the GM face to face and tell him the ordeal. he cant back pedal when your looking him in the eyes

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts
Get a loaner of your choice so that you are riding while your waiting. Then find another service center for future work.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts