Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I pull into a station to gas up the DX. As I'm finishing up I look up and there's a guy standing there staring at my bike. He says, "Wow, that's a Harley?" I answer him "Yes." He just keeps standing there staring. So I say, "They haven't made a lot of these." He says, "Yeah, I've never seen one like that before." I'm ready to leave by now, but this guys is just standing there about 5 feet away still staring like he's transfixed. I don't want to be rude, but I really want to get home. It's been a long hard day. So I start the bike and he says, "Sure is quiet."(it's still stock) "For now." I replied. I finally just gunned it and left. This is getting embarassing. Really, almost everytime I stop for gas someone wants to talk to me about the bike. He's not the first guy I found just standing there staring either. I don't want to be rude but sometimes I'd just like to get gas and leave without all the questions. It wouldn't be bad, but most of these people don't know anything about Harleys, other then the fact that this bike is "different" from the others. I'm certainly not going to stand there and give them a history of the Vrod talk. I'm sure this happens to others here. How do you all handle the attention?

·
Banned
579 Posts
I really enjoy the attention, if someone wants to compliment my bike I'm just going to sit there and make them wish they had one.

·
Ricky Love MooreHead
1,440 Posts
It's the price you pay, to have a bad azz bike. And then they ask, "Is it fast" I just chuckle.....Oh Yeah!!!!!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
I really enjoy the attention, if someone wants to compliment my bike I'm just going to sit there and make them wish they had one.

:them:

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
Happens to me, too. I was thrilled at first, but I agree with you - there are times that it annoys me.

People also always ask me if I had it custom built. My new answer is "it has been customized, yes :angeldev:

and I just realized today that everyone at work is trying to figure out how much I spent on it.

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
My best experience so far was when a guy pulls up next to me in his car at a stop light. His wife was in the car with him. He says, "wow, awesome bike" and then "hey, I'll trade you my wife for the bike!". :)

She was cute too! ;)

Yup, am always having people asking questions about my bike. Was thinking of printing some pamphlets that I could just hand them so I can get on my way :)

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
If I'm in a hurry I just fire it up. The pipes aren't so quiet anymore so it makes conversations real short :D

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
i get that everywhere and mine is an 03. i dig more when i am with my girlfriend and a mini crowd gathers to to look at it. then they look at her (skimpy outfits only for her), we saddle up and take off. feels good after spending countless hours and money on it that it is getting noticed.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Oriondk said:
How do you all handle the attention?
Hand out Forum Cards. Easy, and lets them look on their own time.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
The DX is a cut above all other HD's in the looks department...... 'round here, our heavily modded V's get overlooked whenever they are parked next to a DX, it gets all the attention......

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
balius said:
My best experience so far was when a guy pulls up next to me in his car at a stop light. His wife was in the car with him. He says, "wow, awesome bike" and then "hey, I'll trade you my wife for the bike!". :)

She was cute too! ;)

Yup, am always having people asking questions about my bike. Was thinking of printing some pamphlets that I could just hand them so I can get on my way :)

The best one for me was when a guy I know ask "When can I take it a ride?" I said "As soon as I can ride your girlfriend". He has never ask again :)

·
Ricky Love MooreHead
1,440 Posts
Yeah! that kills me... Why sure I'm gonna let your uninvested azz drive my $20K bike.. Dumb Azz!!!!!!!

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
Beats having fruit thrown at you doesnt it? So it could always be worse

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Oriondk said:
Tonight I pull into a station to gas up the DX. As I'm finishing up I look up and there's a guy standing there staring at my bike. He says, "Wow, that's a Harley?" I answer him "Yes." He just keeps standing there staring. So I say, "They haven't made a lot of these." He says, "Yeah, I've never seen one like that before." I'm ready to leave by now, but this guys is just standing there about 5 feet away still staring like he's transfixed. I don't want to be rude, but I really want to get home. It's been a long hard day. So I start the bike and he says, "Sure is quiet."(it's still stock) "For now." I replied.
My story is pretty much identical to yours :D

The other day I pull into a station to gas up the V. As I'm finishing up I look up and there's a guy standing there staring at my bike. He says, "Wow, that's a Harley?" I answer him "Yes." He just keeps standing there staring. So I say, "Yeah you don't see a lot of these." He says, "Yeah, I've never seen one like that before." I'm ready to leave by now, but this guys is just standing there about 5 feet away still staring like he's transfixed. I don't want to be rude, but I really want to get home. It's been a long hard day. So I start the bike and he says, "HOLY F**K THATS LOUD!!!." "you got that right." I replied.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts