Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
brett
Joined
·
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not the type to whinge ,but ive had enough ,,dont know about the stealers in the states but my local one needs to be burnt alive,,heres the story,,when i bought my bike i wanted pipes and high flow filter,,the stealer said i needed to put in some sort of fuel managment thing ,and said the best would be a s,e tuner,i asked if there was any better or cheaper options,,nope they tell me race tuner is best you cant go wrong and you need it if you want pipes,,ok i paid over 850 dollars thinking thats a bit rich but you gotta do what you gotta do, and 300 for a download,now i never said i was smart ,i just handed over my hard earned cash,all was done and off home i went.well its been 6 months had mods done and blah blah blah, thought time to get it dyno tuned,went there yesterday with my box with the racetuner and cd,left it and the bike there,,got a call this morning ,wheres the cable to connect the tunerthey say ,huh i say, i will get back to you,after ringing the dealer,first they tell me its an extra 75 dollars for the cable which i thought should have been in the deal in the first place,,ok i swore a lot and said i will have one, ,,,,then after waiting ten minutes on the phone,,the guy on the phones apoligises and says sorry we dont sell them any moreonly h,d dealerships have them for them to use, on asking why the fxxxxx not he answers that the dealers are all getting there own dynos in the near future and the only way you will be able to use you race tuner is you will have to bring it here for us to do,,,,well thats it ,i exsploded which i havent done for 20 years,those ass holes sell me a product for 850 and dont want me to have the part i need to make it work.what damn good is that to me when my bike is sitting on the dyno waiting to be done costing me money,,,and more annoying they havent even got the dyno for me to use even if i wanted to take it to them ,,and why the hell would i let them when the mechanics cant even remember to put on the breather hose and let oil spew down my bike and on my tyers and all i get is hmmmm arre you sure it was us,,,ok ive had my spew feel better now,,,,found a friend that has got a cable i think we can use,,,,,,,,,,,thanks for letting me get this out......
 

·
Color me Gone
Joined
·
27,333 Posts
You can order the cable from another dealer in the states I'm sure.
 

·
brett
Joined
·
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks max,i think the dyno guy just got one ,but my point is they sell me something and keep the bit i need to drive it ,just to monopolize me having to go to them every time,,, i will be writing to the unfair trading ombudsman tommorrow,im pretty sure what they are doing breaks our trading laws in oz
 

·
Bone Stock B Model
Joined
·
8,639 Posts
bwds said:
im not the type to whinge ,but ive had enough ,,dont know about the stealers in the states but my local one needs to be burnt alive,,heres the story,,when i bought my bike i wanted pipes and high flow filter,,the stealer said i needed to put in some sort of fuel managment thing ,and said the best would be a s,e tuner,i asked if there was any better or cheaper options,,nope they tell me race tuner is best you cant go wrong and you need it if you want pipes,,ok i paid over 850 dollars thinking thats a bit rich but you gotta do what you gotta do, and 300 for a download,now i never said i was smart ,i just handed over my hard earned cash,all was done and off home i went.well its been 6 months had mods done and blah blah blah, thought time to get it dyno tuned,went there yesterday with my box with the racetuner and cd,left it and the bike there,,got a call this morning ,wheres the cable to connect the tunerthey say ,huh i say, i will get back to you,after ringing the dealer,first they tell me its an extra 75 dollars for the cable which i thought should have been in the deal in the first place,,ok i swore a lot and said i will have one, ,,,,then after waiting ten minutes on the phone,,the guy on the phones apoligises and says sorry we dont sell them any moreonly h,d dealerships have them for them to use, on asking why the fxxxxx not he answers that the dealers are all getting there own dynos in the near future and the only way you will be able to use you race tuner is you will have to bring it here for us to do,,,,well thats it ,i exsploded which i havent done for 20 years,those ass holes sell me a product for 850 and dont want me to have the part i need to make it work.what damn good is that to me when my bike is sitting on the dyno waiting to be done costing me money,,,and more annoying they havent even got the dyno for me to use even if i wanted to take it to them ,,and why the hell would i let them when the mechanics cant even remember to put on the breather hose and let oil spew down my bike and on my tyers and all i get is hmmmm arre you sure it was us,,,ok ive had my spew feel better now,,,,found a friend that has got a cable i think we can use,,,,,,,,,,,thanks for letting me get this out......

They are all a bunch of money grubbing bastards!! Like Max said just order the cable from some one here in the states if you have to.
 

·
jacket off!
Joined
·
9,720 Posts
Are these cables included with the units that are sold in the states??????
 

·
Resident Tugboat Cpt
Joined
·
4,443 Posts
******* said:
Are these cables included with the units that are sold in the states??????

No, it's still a separate part.
 

·
____
Joined
·
1,519 Posts
The cables use to come with them but I believe with the latest version of the software they separated the cables and the actual tuner.
 

·
jacket off!
Joined
·
9,720 Posts
rspencer1218 said:
The cables use to come with them but I believe with the latest version of the software they separated the cables and the actual tuner.

That's what I thought. I was just confirming.
 

·
1130cc Ninja
Joined
·
3,972 Posts
damn thats a shitty situation.. sorry to hear they are trying to get the best of you
 

·
Gone
Joined
·
9,302 Posts
You could go postal. Oh wait. The government already jacked everybodies decent firearms down under! See the progression of things? They get your guns first, then they start crap like this. I had my mind made up to buy a SERT instead of a PCIII, everyone here went on and on about how superior it was. I wound up with the PCIII after all and I'm glad, I can take it to anybody around here, hell a Honda dealer in Dallas is a Dynojet tuning facility. I'll buy Harley's bikes, but they can feck off after that.
 

·
brett
Joined
·
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they also used to sell the sert with the cable here, then they seperated them and sold tem seperately, now not at all, ,so call me suspicious, but maybe they are also getting ready in the states to not sell them at all ,to make you do it all at the very nice and cheap (NOT)dealer
 

·
I'm Bored
Joined
·
1,741 Posts
COVROD said:
I've been trying to decide on a sert or pcIII, I've now made up my mind!

I've had both and currently run the SERT. The SERT is overkill for 99% of the bikes out there and in case you haven't figured it out by now, the dealers don't know jack. In case you don't believe that, go call 10 dealers and ask them if the SERT voids the factory warranty. I'm going to guess that you get 3 different answers: yes, no, and idunno.......
 

·
1130cc Ninja
Joined
·
3,972 Posts
sgtrage said:
I've had both and currently run the SERT. The SERT is overkill for 99% of the bikes out there and in case you haven't figured it out by now, the dealers don't know jack. In case you don't believe that, go call 10 dealers and ask them if the SERT voids the factory warranty. I'm going to guess that you get 3 different answers: yes, no, and idunno.......
that ridiculous! When I bought my v rod I was offered the extended warranty. I have never bought the warranty on anything in my life but I thought, what the heck. Well I asked the guys at the dealership if I get the extended warranty and I put pipes on my bike is is going to void my warranty and they all said no. If something happens to my bike ans they tell me to get bent all because I put a cfr pipe on my bike, I am gonna be royally pissed off.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,582 Posts
******* said:
Are these cables included with the units that are sold in the states??????
i'm not sure IF IT WILL HELP,but I was sent a SPARE Blank-ECU,R/T,CD,
WITH Cable so I have an extra"Grey one' if it's what you need?
Just pay the shipping and it's yourse:kaz: .
 

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
Joined
·
707 Posts
Yup, I did my research before modding my ride and it was clear that the SERT had some advantages in programming but it was not a piggyback device. Once purchased and installed it was married to that bike forever at a premium price. Then any mods (i.e. pipes) will require a new map at yet again a premium price. Kinda reminds me of the low cost inkjet printer that uses $60 cartridges.

I went PC-III usb, it comes with the cable. If you ever return the bike back to stock you simply disconnect it and you are now back to running the factory stock ecm map. So, you can actually resell the PC-III, Not so with the SERT. It's a revenue stream scam that is taking advantage of the fact that Harley customers like to mod there ride regulary. It's like a tax for modders. When I learned this about the SERT my reaction was WTF!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,107 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. I must say, this is the first HD I've ever bought and probably the last.

They not only charge premium prices for their bikes, but they have figured out every way to bend people over like no other business I've ever delt with.

HD gets plenty of bad advertisement (they earned it) from me. I always tell people, I love my V Rod, but HD is one serious relentless profiteering company.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top