Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 muscle and had the dealer install Vance & Hines slip-ons screamin eagle tuner and filter. I had to take them off because they were to annoying cruising around{headaches} and also dealer could not tune it right.I am currently running stock with the tuner still in place. Runs really good. Will the tabs with the 2 "baffle be just as annoying or are they more tame. Thanks

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
I haven't actually heard the Tabs on a Muscle but have heard other Tabs. There's nothing tame about them. They're loud.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't have the revised baffle but i run tabs on my f, they are fine w/out a helmet but if you wear a full face it resonates really bad when cruisin

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 2010 muscle and had the dealer install Vance & Hines slip-ons screamin eagle tuner and filter. I had to take them off because they were to annoying cruising around{headaches} and also dealer could not tune it right.I am currently running stock with the tuner still in place. Runs really good. Will the tabs with the 2 "baffle be just as annoying or are they more tame. Thanks
They are loud, more than V&H.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
For what it's worth I think the Tabs are by far the best looking exhaust available for an F.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought they changed the baffle size to cut down the noise. what are the vmod pipes or the DIY like for noise cruising around 5000rpms.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My tabs are load but they are the best sounding and looking if your trying to maintain the look in my opinion. I still ride with ear plugs to protect my ears as any one should anyway even for wind noise.

·
Registered
121 Posts
TABs are the best I have heard on the F. I had them installed over a month ago and they are starting to break in and sound smooth. If you get it tuned properly they will sound great at all speeds.

Travis

·
Registered
75 Posts
I guess it becomes a matter of taste. I actually prefer the sound of the V&H but I like the looks of the Tabs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jpr0916 are you still running the V&H. If I go with another pipe I am thinking about going with the quiet baffles you put in the front pipes. Even though I am running stock pipes the bike runs much smoother now with the tuner and filter. I don't want to waste more money.

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
jpr0916 are you still running the V&H. If I go with another pipe I am thinking about going with the quiet baffles you put in the front pipes. Even though I am running stock pipes the bike runs much smoother now with the tuner and filter. I don't want to waste more money.
Negative, I went back to stock everything. Runs ****ing awesome. I hated the v&h, hated the droning, hated the decel pops, hated the loss of HP. I felt completely ripped off (time and money). (I lost sleep over it) I still have my SE tuner which is good for the resale value if I ever sell or if I venture into aftermarket pipes again.

·
Dances with Rain!
3,713 Posts
I have the Tabs and yes they are loud. It is a matter of taste as to how loud you want your scooter.
I honestly did not hear a real differance b/t the two TAB audio/video's.
Jim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts