1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Nice, I'm thinking of a similar setup - do tab provide maps for the PCIII though as they have their own fueling manager?

·
Registered
161 Posts
KemahNightrod said:
Finally did it... cant wait for them to show up and get them installed! :dance:

POWER COMMANDER PCIII FOR HARLEY 2007 V-ROD 815-511
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POWER-COMMANDER-PCIII-FOR-HARLEY-2007-V-ROD-815-511_W0QQitemZ140131150424QQihZ004QQcategoryZ10064QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and

TAB Performance Harley Davidson Night Rod/Street Rod Slash Cut Exhaust Pipes
http://www.tabperformance.com/servlet/Categories?category=Night+Rod%2FStreet+Rod
Nice setup!
Don't think I'm buying with TAB, he didn't answer bacjk about my Catalyst problem.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine are being delivered today! Todd has been outstanding in all aspects of this purchase. The slash cut with removable baffles are going on tonight with the TAB controller. Can't wait to let her growl. If it's not enough out come the baffles.

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
should be nice

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kieron said:
Nice, I'm thinking of a similar setup - do tab provide maps for the PCIII though as they have their own fueling manager?
Well, here's the thing... the only thing they have to offer is that little Fuel Management module... and have nothing for you if you're using the power commander or race tuner....

I'm just going to go to harley and have it dyno tuned with the power commander.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DutchRider said:
Nice setup!
Don't think I'm buying with TAB, he didn't answer bacjk about my Catalyst problem.
Sorry to hear that... cant imagine why things would turn out like that... Todd seemed to be pretty cool and I felt he went out of the way to save me some money.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hezgon said:
Mine are being delivered today! Todd has been outstanding in all aspects of this purchase. The slash cut with removable baffles are going on tonight with the TAB controller. Can't wait to let her growl. If it's not enough out come the baffles.
WOOT! That was my plan... see how it sounded and then put the baffles in if it's too loud... I'm in an apartment complex and I work nights... soo... i think that will keep me from getting evicted...

If you have the means, definitely post a recording when you get it installed if you can!

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
What map are you going to use for your PCIII?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Todd was out last week in South America, I got response from him on Tuesday 6/26.

The controller Todd is offering is less than the PC III, and has already had 200+ dyno runs performed to get the mapping right. This DFO style does not talk directly to the ECU. Placed between the ECU and injectors just to prolong fuel shot. Much less to mess up, just my .02cents. Running DFO on the Ultra, so simple.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Todd's a good dude and fueler works well. I may dyno with his fueler as it is adjustable and if removed you are back to stock if needed. I'm getting ready to put in my baffles, pretty loud without. They're deep and rumbly- but loud, bit of cop magnet.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mrohman63 said:
Todd's a good dude and fueler works well. I may dyno with his fueler as it is adjustable and if removed you are back to stock if needed. I'm getting ready to put in my baffles, pretty loud without. They're deep and rumbly- but loud, bit of cop magnet.
I live in an area which as a ton of bikers... whether my pipes are loud will probably not matter how much I get noticed during the day.... but being the only bike on the road at 3am... yeah... that might get me in trouble... especially when I've been drinking... :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
KemahNightrod said:
I live in an area which as a ton of bikers... whether my pipes are loud will probably not matter how much I get noticed during the day.... but being the only bike on the road at 3am... yeah... that might get me in trouble... especially when I've been drinking... :cheers:
Yea, loud pipes aren't the issue.. Its how you are driving that is the issue and if you are going to 8K RPM in between shifts they may take a good look at you.. I ride next to cops all the time with my loud pipes and they don't care.

I leave the bike home though if I plan on drinking.. Just not worth the extra risks even with just a single drink..

·
Registered
332 Posts
VRod RS said:
Yea, loud pipes aren't the issue.. Its how you are driving that is the issue and if you are going to 8K RPM in between shifts they may take a good look at you.. I ride next to cops all the time with my loud pipes and they don't care.

I leave the bike home though if I plan on drinking.. Just not worth the extra risks even with just a single drink..
:them: Like shootin' ducks in a bathtub for the cops!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well no need for the baffles to come out, these are plenty loud. Compared to stock, its going to take some getin use to. The baffle are straight thru, about 1.25" round. Very easy to install, about an hour all together. I'll try a get a video of the results this evening.

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
hezgon said:
Well no need for the baffles to come out, these are plenty loud. Compared to stock, its going to take some getin use to. The baffle are straight thru, about 1.25" round. Very easy to install, about an hour all together. I'll try a get a video of the results this evening.
How easy was the fueller to install? Did it come pre-set for you?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hezgon said:
Cool, I cant wait to hear it.... gonna be a huge teaser for when mine get here!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
VRod RS said:

LOL, wont catch me going to 8k RPMs between shifts next to a cop... I catch too much shit around here anyway... I'm a bartender and typically cannot leave without being forced to do shots with customers and hookers... but I make it a point to stop drinking 2 hours before I get off.... plenty of time to sober up and if it isnt, one of the hookers can take me home... it's win win!

I swear it's just one thing about these bikes that it's so hard to lay off the gas... too easy to speed :(

·
Registered
41 Posts
Kieron said:
How easy was the fueller to install? Did it come pre-set for you?
Easy and Yes, Todd's fueler has 10 preset settings, one for each set of pipes he has. The DX with slash cut is #9. There are also three pots for fine tuning if necessary. Plug and play, so far there's been no missing thru 8K+ pulls and no decel popping.

Install uses quick disconnects that are placed between the OEM injector connections. One simple crimp splice to the TPS and a ground wire. Instructions are clear and simple to follow.

short video, live is better :D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts