where'd the radiator go?

also, does anyone else think it looks an awful lot like.....the ducati diavel

·
Not Dead Yet
1,172 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
The frame design, particularly around the steering head is complete BS. Take a close look. From the "Rough" and "CAD" presentations, it appears the big, cast one piece triple clamp fits inside an otherwise open frame. The only thing keeping the top and bottom frame rails aligned and tight are the steering head bearings and steering neck. When the bearings wear, the upper and lower frame tubes will walk. It will be exactly the same as if you had a cracked backbone tube or the lower frame rails were broken. No thanks. Crap design.

·
09 vrscf
203 Posts
Wonder if you get a special Power Rangers watch with it? Look at that tail light......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Well, despite the potential design flaw, or not... That thing is sexy. If it is a flaw, it can be easily revised. Could the frame have diaphragms in the tubing to strengthen the flex it would otherwise have? Could the triple tree have an outer alignment system to prevent it? Who knows but I am sure that this would be accounted for. At any rate, I like it!

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
The 3 gallon tank is a big drawback for me as it was for the early V's but these will be purchased weekend warriors, 3 gallons will last them a month.

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
that x rod website is just about worthless.

·
Life is great!
783 Posts
it doesnt address how the engine is cooled (I am with Scarecrow on this one)

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
My vrod is form over function! To each their own I guess.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
it doesnt address how the engine is cooled (I am with Scarecrow on this one)
It shows what I thought was a radiator in the CAD section. It was irregularly shaped and appeared to fit in between the front down tubes. They had it colored in green in the depiction.

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
i love it...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts