Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the fiancee and i decided to take advantage of a beautiful summer saturday afternoon and go for a nice leisurely ride. i got the bike out and started it up. i noticed a piece of grass on the frame just below the seat. strange. i figured it blew up there...somehow. anyway, no time to dwell on it, and off we went. it was a beautiful day and the ride was great. on the way back i saw that i had about 1/4 of a tank, so i headed for a gas station. this is where i first had a bad sensation. my gas gage started going up. by the time i got to the station, i had over 1/2 a tank. very strange. i lifted the seat to fill it up, and there was more grass. lots of it. all stuffed up under the seat. friggin field mice got into the garage and made a nest under there!!!! i rode home and took the seat off. the nest was all the way up under the passenger seat on top of the computer. and of course the little fokkers had to start chewing on anything that was under there. they got all of the insulation off of the wires going to the tail light, they chewed through some of the plastic on the computer and began gnawing on other wires and such. crap. so now it's on. previously i had let the little bastards peacefully co-exist with me, but they drew first blood. time to pay. i do have visions of 'caddy shack' in my mind, but that was a much smarter gopher. field mice should be a piece of cake.

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
OK let me be first to say....It is July and you are just getting it out??????

Bad....bad :spank: :spank:

Just check your wiring good, you don't want to have a short.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
VrodG said:
Don't let the bike set so long next time. :)
2 days. i put it in the garage after work on thursday night. i went for a ride saturday afternoon.
hell no i didn't just get it out. i've put over 1700 miles on it this season (got it in april)

·
Registered
79 Posts
vrscd_buTcHEr said:
i was thinking more along the lines of a flamethrower...but a cat is probably a better option.

A Flame Thrower can be fun, but you might toast the rod..... the cat will literally sit there for hours waiting for the mouse! I know because my cat stayed at the heat vent for a few hours waiting for the mouse to come out, then when it did, bang got em'!

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
bigmand said:
A Flame Thrower can be fun, but you might toast the rod..... the cat will literally sit there for hours waiting for the mouse! I know because my cat stayed at the heat vent for a few hours waiting for the mouse to come out, then when it did, bang got em'!
Maybe you can rent him your cat...

·
Pineland Underground
14,737 Posts
vrscd_buTcHEr said:
previously i had let the little bastards peacefully co-exist with me, but they drew first blood. time to pay. i do have visions of 'caddy shack' in my mind, but that was a much smarter gopher. field mice should be a piece of cake.
I'm with ya man...once those little bastards break the armistice, it is on!! Take no prisoners!

·
1130cc.com PITFA
2,883 Posts
I don't know...my dog is a way better mouser than the cat.
Cat will watch mouse go across room and go back to sleep.
Dog will see mouse and knock over and destroy everything in his path to get to the mouse.
Me .22 Henry lever action..HEY they do have a sporting chance.

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
If you get a cat don't feed him. Let him stay hungry and he'll catch any mouse that moves.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I just bougt my bike from the orignal owner and check under the airbox cover and I had acorns all over I check it a lot now. I diffently going to plug the air hole this year.

·
Registered
86 Posts
This reminded me of the time a mouse built a nest in the AC ducts of my brand new truck. I didn't find out until he got sucked into the blower fan while the AC was on high. It took an entire day to pull the dash out, wash/disinfect and reinstall. Oh, the smell! I've heard that the scent of mothballs is a pretty good repellent but I dont see how it's possible to catch enough of those bugs and isolate the males.......

·
Registered
54 Posts
Same story, bike sat for 3 days, went to start it, the little rats ran off. But not before having a litter of about a 1/2 dozen micro-mice in the airbox. I didn't see any sign of them chewing up anything else. This is WAR.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts