Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my V-Mod exhaust on. WOW! It's rare that a product lives up to all of the hype, but this one actually exceeded it. That's saying something, because they have gotten a lot of hype here.

Thank you to all of the members who provide the wealth of info on accessories :plause:

Now on to the dog a$$.

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Ya it's just a hugh difference did you notice any more lights coming on around the neighborhood lol the stock pipes suck sound like a honda cooking rice lol
:plause: :plause:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't even get it out of the garage yet, but I did notice a couple of neighbors come to their front door to see who was making all of the racket. :D

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Set off any car alarms yet?

·
V-Rod Addict
466 Posts
The pipe that should have come on the V-Rod STOCK!

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
mjw930 has the SE's v-modded

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I have the V-Mod SE's. It changes the tone and increases the volume but not by much. The biggest difference is under hard acceleration. The V-Modded SE's "bark" where the stock SE's don't.

For me, it's the best combination of sound, loud when I want it without any droning at highway speeds.

·
Rocky Mountain VRodr
524 Posts
justinh said:
I'm actually running the PCIII USB, but yes I did update to the 020 map.
Ok, I've been skirting this on several threads... what's the final tally if I decide to go with the VMods?

Ie: VMod $150
PCIII $???
Any other hidden costs???

And do I need to pay the dealer to do the Commander install? I'd LOVE a 'howto' on this whole process of going VMod, but I can't seem to get anyone to write one.

Sorry I'm so pathetic... :hmm:

Thanks,

KARAF

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
V-Mods = $150 + shipping both ways ~$20
Techlusion/DFO = ~$160
OR
PCIIIr = $200 - $275 depending on where you buy it
OR
Race Tuner = $365 (overkill)
OR
SE Slip Fit flash = $150 + dealer labor

If you go with the Techlusion/DFO solution you can run the presets and use their guide to tune it and get it close. A few inexpensive dyno runs with any tech who knows the Techlusion and you'll be just as dialed in as someone running the PCIII or RT IMHO.

The PCIII has downloads for the V-Mods but it isn't perfect and seems to kill the fuel economy

The RT lets you load the SE map and fine tune it on the dyno. Maps are becoming available on the site for this combo

You could also run the SE Flash for Slip Fits and get pretty close but there's no adjustment from there.

Remember, the PCIII and RT require a computer next to the bike (OK, the PCIII has a remote option....)

My suggestion, do the V-Mods and the Techlusion.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
New takeoff 04 mufflers = $51
V-Modded = $162 w.shipping
SE air filter = $42
PC111r = $235 w.shipping
Billet clamps = $81
Dynoed at Phoenix 121hp = free nada zippo.Dynoed at computer drags 119.7hp=$20
Sound,fun,compliments,setting off alarms PRICELESS :mrgr:

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As to your question on installing the PowerCommander yourself, go for it. I am probably about the least mechanical person on this forum and I did it. It's kind of a pain to get the wiring all jammed under the left side cover (you'll see what I mean), but it is otherwise very easy and straight forward. One caveat is that you need a computer, preferably a laptop you will need this to upload the proper map to the unit. If you go with the PCIIIr it will use the serial port on your computer, if you go with the PCIII USB it will use the USB port on your computer. My only regret is waiting to do install.
KARAF said:
Ok, I've been skirting this on several threads... what's the final tally if I decide to go with the VMods?

Ie: VMod $150
PCIII $???
Any other hidden costs???

And do I need to pay the dealer to do the Commander install? I'd LOVE a 'howto' on this whole process of going VMod, but I can't seem to get anyone to write one.

Sorry I'm so pathetic... :hmm:

Thanks,

KARAF

·
Registered
178 Posts
Cost? Go To V-mod.com And Or Call For A Package Deal. Mine Is 03 T/t My V-mod Package Included A Pwr. Comdr. Ii,k&n, 28 Tooth Gear. Sounds Great Runs Great! Cost Around $800 For The Package. It Was Worth It. Gotta Blast!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts