SUPERCHARGER GUY
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
SUPERCHARGER GUY
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that meant to be pressure regulator not map sensor. I thought 2 bar map sensor would have been big enough
LOL. Sorry a senior moment. I meant a 5 bar regulator. Stock map sensor is OK. We map tps against rpm, no need for a map sensor as the boost goes up in a linear fashion, unlike a turbo. Simple and works well.

·
My Last Ride
1,347 Posts
LOL. Sorry a senior moment. I meant a 5 bar regulator. Stock map sensor is OK. We map tps against rpm, no need for a map sensor as the boost goes up in a linear fashion, unlike a turbo. Simple and works well.
You won't be needing 5 BAR anything. The stock MAP sensor is 1 BAR and that is all that the stock Delphi ECU will read so you will need a custom ECU. On a Revolution engine with stock internals a 2 BAR MAP sensor is all that you will need. I think that Richard's system uses an air flow restrictor to limit the amount of boost. If you shop around you can buy the 2 BAR Delphi MAP sensor for less than $10.00. I bought two on eBay for $8.00 a piece with free shipping.

Ron Becker

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
You won't be needing 5 BAR anything. The stock MAP sensor is 1 BAR and that is all that the stock Delphi ECU will read so you will need a custom ECU. On a Revolution engine with stock internals a 2 BAR MAP sensor is all that you will need. I think that Richard's system uses an air flow restrictor to limit the amount of boost. If you shop around you can buy the 2 BAR Delphi MAP sensor for less than $10.00. I bought two on eBay for $8.00 a piece with free shipping.

Ron Becker
At that price, I've be avoiding the offshore made units if one plans on SD tuning. Too important a sensor to cheap out on. Look for genuine GM or USA made. Richard's unit doesn't use a map sensor and is tuned PV5, or AlphaN, TPS/RPM.
Ron

·
My Last Ride
1,347 Posts
At that price, I've be avoiding the offshore made units if one plans on SD tuning. Too important a sensor to cheap out on. Look for genuine GM or USA made. Richard's unit doesn't use a map sensor and is tuned PV5, or AlphaN, TPS/RPM.
Ron
The MAP sensors are GENUINE Delphi made in the USA. My projects get nothing but the best.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What AFR values are people running at higher RPM when the higher rev ranges.

My thundermax closed loop map got sent to me and its something like 11 at 3/4 throttle but im getting a stutter and choke at 8000rpm and above.

I just got my 5bar fuel pressure regulator but not sure that will make a difference.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts