Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
IMHO , that seat will look like a wart on the end of your pecker on a vrod, BUT i would venture to say it is the most comfortable seat for a vrod or any bike for that matter. its been more than once i was wishing i had a more comfortable seat with a backrest.if that was a buy it now for that price you should jump on it.

904 Posts
Far as I know, the seat cover isn't "gray" like the photo suggests, but is in fact black like most everything Mustang makes. To photograph the seat and have the detail show (stitching, panels, etc.), the contrast is way down, causing the seat to look gray. I've seen a number of Mustang seats on various bikes, but never a gray one!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldn't care less what it looks like to anyone else, I'm more concerned with the ride/comfort. These seats have been on ebay the 3 months I've owned my V. They aren't sellin' and the guy isn't dropping the price. I can wait. The V is my "extra" bike and it'll probably be traded away before I get a seat/backrest anyway. I don't keep the extra bike very long usually, tho' I really really like this V.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
IMHO , that seat will look like a wart on the end of your pecker on a vrod, BUT i would venture to say it is the most comfortable seat for a vrod or any bike for that matter. its been more than once i was wishing i had a more comfortable seat with a backrest.if that was a buy it now for that price you should jump on it.
Belongs on a Road King.

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
Which seat????

I,ve tried just about every seat made for the v rod and still have several in the garage. The only seat that fit my 230 lb ass is the CORBIN dual rider seat. When you walk up to the bike and feel the seat it feels hard to the touch but when I ride it gives me all the support that I need. I have 1 back rest for me, no passengers. The mustang seat is too wide for me and hurt my inner thighs after a few miles so it stayed on the v rod for a very short time. I have a custom seat that is very beautiful and it feels like an OEM seat. Next I had a stock drivers seat rebuilt by AMSSS with memory foam and gel packs. Its soft but does not give much support. So the mustang seat is not comfortable IMOP and the CORBIN is #1 OH!! I have 3 herniated discs in my lower back so I wanted the best seat and I think that I have it CORBIN....

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
You already have bags and a windshield. That hideous seat can't really hurt anything at this point. :hidesbeh::D

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
i'm just bustin' yer balls ultra. i'm like you are, i don't give a rats ass what anyone thinks either. i think it would be a very comfortable seat. i don't know how much they are from mustang but i bet its quiet a bit more than the ebay price.

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
i had that very seat for about a year or two.. excellent quality/great seat BUT i will say that my sundowner is just as comfortable.. the wife would agree as well.. i would take the sundowner over it anyday.. looks or comfort

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My biggest concern with a seat is a backrest, I've had a broken 3rd lumbar vert. 32 years ago in a wreck. I need a backrest or can't ride more than an hour or 2. The Sundowner doesn't have what I need.

·
Registered
76 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Must...torcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3349wt_941

That seat would look really great on my 2003 VRSCA, but I'm so cheap when it comes to "extras" on a bike. Does anyone have pics of this seat on their bike? That grey leather has got to look sweet against the "A" tins.
Here are a couple of shots from different angles. This is the third bike I have had Mustang seats on. Very comfortable, very well made and very durable. This seat was on the bike when I bought it and is the first one I have had without the backrest. I haven't had the bike long to see if I feel I need the backrest. You do get lower back support on this seat because of the design. The backrest was great on the other bikes.

As for looks, I really don't see an issue. But that is why they make different seats. My wife doesn't ride with me, but, if she did, the pillion seat looks like it would be very comfortable.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jer,
You're only a couple hours from me here in NC. Want to sell it? It looks like it would work fine for me without a backrest. My passenger backrest isn't very tall and the wife complains about it feeling like she's going to fall off under aggressive acceleration. If I decide to keep this bike I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and get a better seat that we both like, tho' she won't ride on the V with me very often, she loves the Ultra we've ridden for 5 years.
I know you're not lookin' to sell it, but tell me, is it the same model as in the link I posted in the OP ?
Thanks for shooting the pics.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just went and studied both pics and it is the same seat, sans the rider backrest. I'm 99% sure it would work for me, so off I go to find a used one, I won't pay retail when there's E-bay and Craigs List to find deals on. And fortunately I'm not in a hurry.
Peace !

·
Registered
76 Posts
jer,
You're only a couple hours from me here in NC. Want to sell it? It looks like it would work fine for me without a backrest. My passenger backrest isn't very tall and the wife complains about it feeling like she's going to fall off under aggressive acceleration. If I decide to keep this bike I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and get a better seat that we both like, tho' she won't ride on the V with me very often, she loves the Ultra we've ridden for 5 years.
I know you're not lookin' to sell it, but tell me, is it the same model as in the link I posted in the OP ?
Thanks for shooting the pics.
No, I do not want to sell it, but thanks for the offer. Yes, it is the same seat minus the backrest. You will like the seat. Here is another shot.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now I just gotta find a place to sell the seat on it, I think it's OEM ??? How much can it possibly be worth, $100.00 ???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts