Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yesterday my indian-riding buddy paul and i had planned to ride the 138 to the 2 (angeles crest highway) hoping for a nice day of great twisties and scenic views. although we did get much of that it didn't quite go as planned.

we met at the starbuck's by my house in the morning and as i pulled up i was surprised to see lance's (ridephat) bike in the parking lot. i'd called him the night before to invite him along but his slightly slurred speech and the loud reggae music in the background convinced me he wasn't going to be up to a ride the next day. fortunately, christina got his ass out of bed and down to the meet site. :thumb:

the plan was to ride the 15 to the 138 to the 2 and over the mountains. when we got to the 138 it was closed. fortunately lance talked to the nice chp officer there who said 'just take that lone pines highway there..it'll get you to the 2'. so we take it..nice ride until we got into the residential part and had so many ways to go we ended up just randomly choosing roads to take. we finally got to the 2, and we're on our way.

15 miles of awesome twisties (and unfortunately lots of loose rock) later we ran into a gate. not literally, but you know. road closed..crap.

so we head back toward town to get a beer and paul decided we are taking another random road instead..so off we go. again, awesome mountain twisties..less loose rock so we're hitting it a little harder. paul is scraping his indian so much i'm wondering if he's made it through the exhaust yet. lots of fun and then, there it is, our obvious next stop..

the mile high cafe. sizzling bbq. funky looking place. come on, we have to stop here. we get inside and find it's run by a korean family. mom is helping us. as we're waiting for our beers a little yorkie dog runs into the kitchen. i look at lance and he says 'hey did you see lunch'? i don't care who you are, that's funny. then he hands me a magazine that is printed in korean and advises me there are some good articles in there. so we're having a good time and mosey out to the back patio to smoke. what we find there is a whole lot of really random stuff: a wooden parrot nailed to the tree, a fireman's hat hanging on a post, a koi pond with an old mine entrance as it's centerpiece. i think my favorites were the birdhouse with the speaker in it, playing some kind of korean 'house' music..and the shovel head for a fountain piece. awesome. :thumb: wish i could post all the pix but i guess i'm limited to 10 for one post. here's a couple, including lance holding 'lunch'.

PICT0009.JPG PICT0010.JPG PICT0004.JPG

so off we go from the mile high cafe, heading back down the mountain and we decide to stop at this biker bar in san bdo called the screaming chicken. painted on the building it says 'hot babes'. lance and i both decided that is a subjective statement and we'll have to be the judge of that.

we sit at the bar, groaning a bit cuz we realized how right we were about the subjective statement. a lady with double d's (if not pushing an e) popping out all over the place takes our beer order. 'melissa' decides that if lance wants popcorn he needs to go in the back and get a couple big buckets of ice to fill the beer tray. being the gentleman he is, he does.

PICT0017.JPG

after his chores are done he sits down and i ask melissa for a picture since i'm documenting this ride. here's what she gave us:

PICT0019 copy.jpg

i swear that chick was more in love with her breasts than the toothless gents at the bar did. those things were popping out all over the place as she served people. funny stuff. she really was cool and fun, nice lady who definitely met her calling in becoming a bartender.

one final stop on the way home, we had to hit up my local hang out, liam's irish pub, for some food and some more beer. nice relaxing end to a fun day, as liam's patrons are not to be outdone:

PICT0024.JPG PICT0026.JPG PICT0027.JPG PICT0029.JPG PICT0031 copy.jpg

now THAT's what i call a fun day of riding. thanks lance and paul, it was a blast.

:cheers:

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
Oh, the things you have to deal with to keep your friends happy. :thumb:

·
Russell
177 Posts
I'm not missing no more f*%#ing rides! We did get VRODDRAGGON'S upgraded UE tank installed with the guard (fit perfect, good seat and belt clearance) and tore my bike down getting ready for my new RICK'S tank. Salieri get your ass back from Paris and let's hit Big Bear and that bar in San Berdoo. Glad you had a great ride. I see Lance is finally starting to break out of his shell and be spontaneous. It's so cool seeing him hold a puppy without crushing it. Chow or is it arevoir oh f*%#@it glad you had a good ride.

Russell

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
looks like you enjoyed some good scenery

·
Rallycaust Survivor
11,141 Posts
Sounds like a great time. :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts