·
Bladerunner
1,949 Posts
Looks interesting but how much $$$?

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Looks interesting but how much $$$?
I've heard that MSRP is $550. It comes with basic auto tuning using late model narrow band (Nernst) O2 sensors. An advanced AT-100 module that uses Bosch "wideband" sensors will be available for MSRP of $369. Places like Fuel Moto will likely sell below these prices.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I like that setup a LOT! They state you can "save" data directly to the unit. No more traveling with a laptop just to tweak your bike! Very interested in this.

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
It appears that the power vision is limited by the stock O2 sensors. We will either have to pop $300 for the autotune unit, which stays on the bike, or use O2 eliminators and never run in closed loop. It's a neat interface, but from a tuning prospective, I don't see it being any better than a PC-V, Thundermax or VRFID.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
It appears that the power vision is limited by the stock O2 sensors. We will either have to pop $300 for the autotune unit, which stays on the bike, or use O2 eliminators and never run in closed loop. It's a neat interface, but from a tuning prospective, I don't see it being any better than a PC-V, Thundermax or VRFID.
it uses the same wide band O2 sensors as the Thundermax. I don't think it is fundamentally "better" than PC-V or T-Max, but to be able to see and tweak your bike on the fly, change maps on the fly, and get real world data all without hauling a laptop, makes it much more convenient.

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
:popcorn:coff:

·
Ride safe!
680 Posts
I had decided on a Thundermax/autotune setup for my Bub 2-1, but now it looks like I need to do more research first. Actually was going to order tomorrow so that I could put in on the bike over the long Tgiving weekend...haha.

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
it uses the same wide band O2 sensors as the Thundermax. I don't think it is fundamentally "better" than PC-V or T-Max, but to be able to see and tweak your bike on the fly, change maps on the fly, and get real world data all without hauling a laptop, makes it much more convenient.
The $550 unit uses the stock sensors, to use wide band you have to buy the add on kit, which is the same autotune unit used by the PC-V, it's $300 and stay's on the bike. Without the wide band setup, we will be able to get the AFR down to 13.8 to 1 in closed loop. To go any lower we will have to disable the O2 sensors and run in open loop. That 13.8 bottom end works fine for me, but some might want it lower.

·
Registered
600 Posts
the way I read the info on the FuelMoto page this unit will do anything you ever expect a fuel tuner to do and could replace the cluster. Is this correct? I assume it is weather proof.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
the way I read the info on the FuelMoto page this unit will do anything you ever expect a fuel tuner to do and could replace the cluster. Is this correct? I assume it is weather proof.
This isn't designed to replace the cluster (no turn signal indicators, fuel gauge, neutral light, or high beam indicator) but if you don't want these, you could remove it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
UNCONFIRMED but looks to be pretty obvious by the images I've seen -- this is yet another tuner that appears to ignore nearly one third of the V-Rod upper RPM range with the AutoTune "Basic" feature. I'm wondering if other tables are adjustable up to our RPM limit as well. Can anyone else confirm?

Looks to me like a great competitor to MasterTune... does everything the MasterTune does, only much easier, you can keep the LCD on the bike, and not haul around a laptop for your V-Tune runs (or in the case of this unit, the "Basic AutoTune" runs.)

Now, if it could only tune that last 1/3rd... between 6500 and ~9300.

WP

·
Usually Clueless
373 Posts
$449.00 plus $12.95 shipping for the PowerVision.

Anyone want a used PCV (1 year old) and a couple of month old LCD screen?

·
Registered
818 Posts
UNCONFIRMED but looks to be pretty obvious by the images I've seen -- this is yet another tuner that appears to ignore nearly one third of the V-Rod upper RPM range with the AutoTune "Basic" feature. I'm wondering if other tables are adjustable up to our RPM limit as well. Can anyone else confirm?

Looks to me like a great competitor to MasterTune... does everything the MasterTune does, only much easier, you can keep the LCD on the bike, and not haul around a laptop for your V-Tune runs (or in the case of this unit, the "Basic AutoTune" runs.)

Now, if it could only tune that last 1/3rd... between 6500 and ~9300.

WP
Dude what are you smokin'

If you are not aware, the rpm limit is set by the bike/map the unit is used with. My PC V goes all the way to 9500 for my VROD, 12,000 for my ZX and on my wife's sportie stops at 7000.

1 - 20 of 233 Posts