Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
'04 1300
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He brought me a little delivery from Chicago Harley. Only 4 major pieces to go!

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
now what are you gon do with that????? :angeldev:

·
'04 1300
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check out my signature. I can't afford to do it all in one shot, so the options are either get everything piece by piece, or just save up and buy it all at once.

Financially, option A is better, but B allows me to look at the pieces as the collection grows :)

·
The Hawk
3,895 Posts
Hey, nice looking crank, make sure you wipe down those bearing surfaces with an oily rag so your finger prints don't turn to rust spots and ruin that gorgeous piece of hardware.

Mike

·
'04 1300
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Elgavilan said:
Hey, nice looking crank, make sure you wipe down those bearing surfaces with an oily rag so your finger prints don't turn to rust spots and ruin that gorgeous piece of hardware.
Thansk! Post-photo, the crank was wiped, repacked in the shipping paper, and then vacuum sealed in plastic before joining the other parts in the stack.

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
Thats the weirdest brown-paper/bubble wrap paperweight ever! LOL

·
'04 1300
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nic_a_bod said:
they are nice looking cranks! too bad ray didn't post up a little sooner for ya
You're telling me. I hope someone building a 1300 on a more agressive schedule than I am gets one of Ray's so I can learn from their experience :)

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
sburke91 said:
You're telling me. I hope someone building a 1300 on a more agressive schedule than I am gets one of Ray's so I can learn from their experience :)

Mine is going back together and will be done by spring. I could put the cases back together this weekend if I really wanted to as my piston got put on the rod today for me. Note for you. The cp retainers suck ass to put on with out the fancy retainer tool so I gave up and gave it to the stealer. It was only 20 bucks for them to do it money well spent!

·
'04 1300
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm shooting for mine to go into Eagle by late Dec or early Jan, when the snow should be on the ground around here and I won't miss it, too much. By then I should have the TB's, cams, valve springs, exhaust, and clutch to go with the rest of the pile I've been building.

I'd love to be able to build mine myself, but don't think the revo is exactly the best first engine build for me to learn on :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts