Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Gone to the V8 side
2,102 Posts
@rse.

Bit of a sh!t way to end the day

I hope the claim goes well, and you are not too stiff/sore tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
What a bummer mate!! Glad you were okay the bike can be fixed.the last time I had a getoff (hit from the side by female car driver) Riders of bridgewater rebuilt the bike and I got great service from them, gave me 3 or 4 aftermarket catalogues and told me to pick what i wanted.not a big fan of them as a dealership but cant fault them in that instance.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I hope feel better soon, when it happened to me I managed to add a few goodies as it was being repaired to make me feel as if it had been worthwhile!!! :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went to the Dearlership at Plymouth today - they have started the estimate but have been busy so it got sidelined :(

Will have to wait and see. How much damage to to have to rack up before they write it off? Bike value was guaranteed at £8500.

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Went to the Dearlership at Plymouth today - they have started the estimate but have been busy so it got sidelined :(

Will have to wait and see. How much damage to to have to rack up before they write it off? Bike value was guaranteed at £8500.
Probably about £6500 i'd have thought - if they do write it off though you could be quids in buying back the salvage and taking the settlement. It can easily be repaired using 2nd hand parts and none of the bits you mentioned are unobtanium....

Steve

·
Registered
403 Posts
Sucks dude! Hope they put it back better than new.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw the list today which was larger than I thought so they have been thorough. We have to see what the insurance says. Anybody know of a 2005 plus bike going for around £8500?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I paid 8995 brand new it was an 08 and I bought it in March of 09 so there should be some out there. I remember it was cheaper to buy a new one than a slightly used one of the same year.

I just did the exchange rate, cause I move back home in mid November. I can sell you mine and get 13500 US, add a grand to that and I can get an 2011 Night rod..... Let me know if your interested. If not no worries I planned on taking it home anyways.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I paid 8995 brand new it was an 08 and I bought it in March of 09 so there should be some out there. I remember it was cheaper to buy a new one than a slightly used one of the same year.

I just did the exchange rate, cause I move back home in mid November. I can sell you mine and get 13500 US, add a grand to that and I can get an 2011 Night rod..... Let me know if your interested. If not no worries I planned on taking it home anyways.
Shoot me some pictures and details Cas. The FXDI at the dealership seemed very tatty compared to my chromosexual VRSCA. I wouldn't mind if the engine was black but grey and flaky - yuck. I think they will get a surprise when they total up the parts and labour for my repair.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the estimate - gulp - £4708.57

Given that the bike is insured for £8500, I don't think they will write it off.

I have sent this off tonight to the brokers and we will see what happens.

In the meantime, I am very interested in a brand new Dyna Superglide.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Sorry about the wait

I am 2 weeks from them getting my stuff and shipping it home, and have been busy prepping it. I will also be without a car soon cause I am shipping that first, and may need my bike for a mode of transportation. Sorry about not letting you know sooner, but I don't think I have the time left to sell the bike or can be without a second mode of transportation right now.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good luck with the move and thanks anyways Caz

I think the option is

1. Get the back repaired and better than before.
2. Bike is written off - found a really nice 1200 Sportster I like
3. Bike is written off - found a nice Yellow VRSCR that also looks interesting.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The insurance decided to repair the Vrod. The dealership offered me a deal with over book price for the Vrod in its current state but knowing that they have the go ahead to repair. I was also tempted by 2 additional years warranty (making 4) and £500 worth of parts or clothing. I thought long and hard and decided to trade the Vrod for a new Street Bob in Red Hot Sunglo.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
:spank:enjoy the new bike.....you will regret not having a v rod, i did.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Did you know the warranty cover on the street bob is by John Deere?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I expect I will miss the power but 90% of the time, I am riding in a group with Tamar Valley Harley Club, who also ride 'John Deeres' :D

As a Road Captain, I can only lead the group at the speed of the least powerful machine, or riders experience.

I left Sportsbikes for Harley - last one was a Daytona 675 that I had on track 4 times last year. Don't really miss that to be honest.

Will post pics of the new tractor for you to laugh at.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts