Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
See aren't you glad you jumped back on the fan bandwagon after game two....You wouldn't be able to celebrate with the team you almost abandoned because of two quick losses....

That's why I never give up on the Wings. They'll be back next year. History shows they have a good chance to be back in the finals again and again.....
I was lucky, it was pretty loaded down so it wasn't moving too fast. I was able to get back on without much trouble.:moon:

·
Midwest Pimp
3,106 Posts
Well, that was a sweet win. And in their face in Detroit to boot. Glad to see the better team won.
Colorado...You guys crack me up...Isn't Quebec taking back their team since you guys wrecked them....
Pitt won game 7 and I'll give them that, but the better team did not win. You're just a bitter Avalanche fan. If it were a 5 game series we would have won it, so to say Pitt is the better team just because the won game 7 is crazy....

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
OMG..... wtf happened Thursday night?.... I ate so much crow I got sick....LOL

The wings looked great the first 5-8 minutes, really took it to the penguins, but from then on it looked liked they were gassed.... too little too late at the end.... why the hell do they 'save' up and play hard at the end of the damn game???

cheers to the penguins and their fans, and to all the redwing haters too!

See ya next year!

I wish I could just say the better team won, but The Ducks woulda kicked your asses! :D

·
Registered
666 Posts
Everybody knows that Gary Bettman set up the whole season for the Pens, it was a certainty we were going to win. He loves Cindy, he only made them lose last year so that we could repeat 3-peat for the next 6 years and not have anyone suspect.

Of course the Wings are better, just look at their depth. I mean, Brad Stuart! Give that guy the Conn Smythe, and while you're at it, put his name on the Cup, too. I'm pretty sure he assisted on every Pens goal in the series. And Hossa, I wish I could say that Cindy had a better series than him, but Sid only scored 1 goal -- wait, Hossa had none? OK, well then...

And I'm pretty sure that the Wings knew the series was 7 games from the start. Maybe Gary95 called them and told them it was only 5, that's why they forgot to show up for the last two.

Come on guys, quit making excuses. "Datsyuk was hurt." "Chelios is 142 years old, it's not his fault." "The Ducks would've kicked your ass." "Glad you got back on the bandwagon." Face it, through 7 games (not 5) the Penguins were the the "better" team. Maybe their talent pool isn't as deep, maybe their jock strap washer isn't as skilled, maybe their rookie coach who started in February with a 10th place team doesn't know as much as Babcawk, maybe this maybe that, but you know what matters? Sh*tsburgh won 4 times, and the D won 3. It's OK, I know how you all feel, I was there last year. Except I knew the Pens lost because Detroit beat our asses fair and square, and not because of back-to-backs for the first two games.

Peace out, love you all :grouphug

·
Midwest Pimp
3,106 Posts
**** this nonsense. Detroit's got it, it's deja-vu all over again. I thought maybe these ****ing monkeys would have some vengeance built up from last year, but apparently they don't give two shits.

Early congratulations, peace out.

**** Marian (the real girl's name), I hope he enjoys being a buttsniffer.

Really... If you stuck by your team the whole season, I'd hold a little more value to your post. But..........ya didn't.:D

I don't make excuses...We were beat 4 - 3 in a best of seven...All I am saying, is that to say, that a seven game series does not decide who the best team is overall.... Superbowl has one game...and there can and has been upsets, that's what great about sports...... Pittsburgh upset Detroit in 4 games and that's all they needed to do...Congrats to that, but again, to say they are a better team, you clearly know nothing about hockey.

And you are right about this...
It's OK, I know how you all feel, I was there last year. Except I knew the Pens lost because Detroit beat our asses fair and square, and not because of back-to-backs for the first two games.
Sad thing is that anyone that knows hockey, know Detroit didn't show up.That's why they were beat. I would feel like you last year if we were beaten. Truth is and google the headlines if you need more facts, Detroit didn't play to their potential and that's why Pittsburgh won....
Almost every sports writer had that title written..."Pittsburgh UPSETS Detroit", which clearly means they were not expected to win by most and are not the better team according to them....

Wayne Gretzky holds almost all of hockeys records, yet I would take Mario Lemieux anyday over him...
Emmit Smith holds the rushing title, yet I would take Walter Payton and Barry Sanders anyday over them...
My point is, Pittsburgh says 2009 Stanley Cup Champions, yet I would take Detroit Red Wings anyday over them...

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
81 - 87 of 87 Posts